2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Jul 112012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Turn signals will switch back and forth. If you have left turn signal on, it will switch to right signal then back to left and vice versa.

- Bondurant, IA, USA

Mar 222012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl

The rear door wires have broken on both doors, losing all connectivity to the main power source. As a result, power locks and lights that are connected in the rear cannot be activated from the main console. The doors have to be locked manually. This is a known failure with Dodge trucks and needs to be recalled. The dealer even admitted to this being a chronic problem with the rear doors on this model.

- Bend, OR, USA

Sep 292012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I had a wiper motor failure. My understanding of the Dodge Ram is there is a total integrated power module that controls wipers, lights and other electrical devises. Once the tipm sees the 5th fault it shuts down what ever is causing the fault. In my case it was a wiper problem. Once the unit faults it has to be replaced and programmed for the vehicle. Cost $1264.56 for a wiper motor repair.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Sep 012012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

On multiple occasions when I put the left turn signal on, the signal will start flashing as though the right turn signal had been actuated. Sometimes the right signal starts flashing as soon as I turn the left signal on. On other occasions I will be stopped with the left signal flashing and it will intermittently start flashing to the right for no apparent reason. Occasionally neither of the signals will flash.

- Leander, TX, USA

Mar 122010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

In 2010 driving to gator nat drag race the wipers just stop then it happen about everytime I used them now and the ac has stop working 863 00 for a new one in June of 2006 and then 600 00 dollars more in Sept and they say it the tipm 860 00 dollars more the wipers still don't work right 170000 miles and no ones wants to help the truck just sit to hot to drive in fl with grand kids and no ac I will not but a Dodge ever.

- Deland, FL, USA

Aug 022012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Driving in traffic at night and lost turn signals and brake lights on trailer almost caused rear end collision. Found problem was with the tipm or fuse box. The trailer wiring from the tipm has no fuse and is some sort of relay and can only be repaired by a dealer. Have found this to be a very common problem with other Dodge truck owners. Many different circumstances can cause this failure due to only a 15 amp limit before failure. Dealers say they can do a reflash for around $100 and if that does not work the tipm must be replaced at a cost of $1000 and this would be the case each and every time there was a 15 amp overload to this circuit. This is a serious safety issue as dealers or not open 24 hours or 7 days a week and also very expensive. This should be a simple fused circuit as it is with almost all vehicles and the repair could be made by simply replacing the blown 25 cent fuse found at all gas stations and convenience stores. I hope no one has been killed or injured over this same type issue.

- Ava, IL, USA

Jul 052011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Dash lights stopped working. They had went out once before but came back on the next day. After another day they went back out and haven't worked since.

- Marion Heights, PA, USA

Apr 212012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

I have had the ABS system warning light on 5 or 6 times, turn signal problems- both turn signals work at same time, A/C problems with the compressor not working at times and now is out all together. ABS and the lighting issue is the biggest problem since it is a 2500 truck and I hall hay, tractors and a 30 ft 5th wheel trailer, people need to know what I am doing or can I stop.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Feb 012012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The Ram 1500 had a failure of the tipm that controls the head lights leaving the truck with inadequate illumination.

- Mystic, CT, USA

May 032012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the right directional signal and brake light failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was located at the integrated program module. The dealer updated the software for the integrated program module but the contact felt that the integrated program module should have had a failure notification on the instrumental panel. The vehicle was repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 75,000. Updated 05/24/12 the consumer stated the safety issue is not only with the trailer harness package, but also any electrical circuits on the vehicle, as they all go through the tipm (total integrated power module). If the module detects an overload or short, it will shut down that circuit, with no warning. The consumer has taken the vehicle to the dealer five time, to have it reset. Updated 05/25/12

- Custer Park , IL, USA

Apr 062010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

First incident my tipm module was replaced due to electrical problems in April 2010, the next incident was on 4/22/12, my brake lights quit working while I was out of town, during this trip I was traveling home, I turned on my cruise control while driving, I hit the brakes and cruise control would not cut off, I finally had to put the truck in neutral and the engine kept revving higher. I was eventually able to get it to turn off. I made it home the next day I took it to a dealership and they are telling me the tipm module has to be replaced again. This is a safety issue that needs to be addressed, if my wife or son would have been driving my truck, I don't think they would've been able to control this situation, this is going to be the second time this module has been replaced, the first time was $743 now it is $1060 to replace. I have also read online of several incidences of this happening to other 2006 Dodge Ram owners. After several attempt to talk with some one at Dodge concerning this, I decided to contact this site for this safety issue.

- Orange Beach, AL, USA

Nov 162011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Got a letter from Chrysler that I was supposed to get my turn signals fixed if I had this problem I did have the problem but it doesn't happen all the time, took the truck to dealer and they told me that they will not fix this turn signal problem if it isn't happening when they test it at dealer it is an intermittent problem and does not happen all the time but I believe that this is a major safety issue because if I am signaling one way and my truck is showing a different way that could possibly cause a crash or cause me to get a ticket. I believe this should be a recall and not just be fixed if the dealer can see it for them selves and was told by the dealer and Chrysler customer assistance that they will do nothing if they don't see this problem at dealer but I could be any where and if it happens im supposed to stop what im doing and take truck over to them and hope it is still doing it when I get there other wise O well. That's pretty much what I get from them.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Feb 012012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD

Low beam headlights went out while driving came back on and went out again turn signals operate backwards turn on the left and the right comes on. Dealership says it is the tipm and it is a common problem, seems that it is an extreme safety issue to me that effects a lot of Dodge vehicles.

- Morningview, KY, USA

Aug 012009

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Since August of 2009, I have had problems with my turn signals not working correctly at all times. Issue: When I turn the right turn signal on the left signal comes on. When I turn the right signal on the left comes on. Occasionally, they do not work at all.

- Front Royal, VA, USA

May 192010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl

Dodge has a bad tipm, when a headlight goes out the tipm gets an over voltage signal and shuts the light down so if you replace the light it still wont work, you have to take it to the dealer and get it reprogrammed and you can only do that twice and have to get a new one that cost $1000.

- Dove Creek, CO, USA

Jan 022012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Wrong direction of turn signal comes on when activating the switch.

- Bangor, CA, USA

Dec 052011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl

While towing trailer back left blinker and back left brake lights failed to work. Then back left blinker on truck stopped working.. problem is in the vehicles computer, dealer only item that cost $712. Some thing called "tipm". just type in blinker problem for Dodge Ram on google and watch and see how many other people are having this hudge saftey problem. Please look into this problem, peoples lives are at on the line!!! thank you

- Clinton, CT, USA

Oct 012008

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

I purchased my 2006 Dodge 2500 4X4 brand new in 2006. My truck is in great condition except for two major concerns..my A/C went out in Dec. 2010 it was replaced with another defective one which was immediately replaced again. Dealer did not replace the flapper under dash. I took truck in Nov. 2011 the windshield would get extremely foggy and a noise would come from under dash when I put A/C on high, dealer said it was the flap that would control where the air is directed. They wanted $800 to replace a $34 part. I told them that should have been fixed when they replaced A/C. dealer said it still would not be covered under warranty anyway. This is a serious issue when fog gets on windshield why does someone have to die before a part is recalled. I have to open my windows to defrost my windshield. The other issue is when truck is supposedly in park and you open the door the horn honks, dash lights turn on and off and twice it has jumped into reverse on it's own. The first time I was at the post office putting mail outside I was a bit to far from box so I put it in park, opened door jumped off and truck jumped into reverse luckily I'm a small person and was able to jump in and step brake. This has happened about three times. The park does not engage properly because at heb I put it in park turn off truck went in store came back to turn on truck. It wouldn't start and it was in park. I had to put it in neutral to start it. Another customer came to see what was wrong I tried to put it in park again and it wouldn't go after about to more attempts it went into park I took it to dealer and they could not duplicate problem so nothing was done. I have reported it here so if something happens at least it was reported, if Dodge doesn't do anything they will if more people see that others are having the same problem.

- Premont, TX, USA

Dec 012010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Turn signals do not work properly. When you put on your left turn signal it will light up as a right turn signal often and same when you put on your right turn signal the left will light up. Most of the time however my turn signals will not even come on. This has almost caused several accidents its really bad when I am pulling trailers. In rain storms and snow storms my windshield wipers will occasionally just stop and only have 1 speed which is slow.... I have had to pull over alot and just wait for my windshield wipers to work again.

- Gerald, MO, USA

Nov 212011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

The turn signal switch the opposite of what has been selected on the steering column. If the left turn is selected the right turn lights come on and indicate you are making a right turn. The high beam switch does not always work. The wipers are not reliable either.

- West Valley City , UT, USA