2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Feb 252011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

TL. the contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated the tipm has malfunctioned causing every electrical component not to work. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer and the dealer stated the tipm needs to be replaced. The contact has not had the tipm replaced. The dealer does not know what caused the tipm to malfunction. The contact stated there is know way of telling if the new tipm will not malfunction while driving. The contact stated there are numerous complaints regarding the tipm and a recall should be issued. The failure mileage was 185,000.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Feb 082011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl

2006 Dodge 2500 / turn signal problems.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Jan 182011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Turn signal intermittently fails or signals the opposite direction.

- Oakland , CA, USA

Oct 172010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD

I have 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 trx4, I started having problems with my rt rear turn signal approx 2 months ago. Thought it was bulb, wasn't! I took truck to local auto electric shop, was told on Dec 14th, 2010 that the problem was the entire fuse block that controls the turn signals. He called Dodge dealer and was told that the part would run over $700 and that there were 200 already on back-order! now, Jan 3rd, 2011 when I push on brake the rt rear light flickers/flashes as if the turn signal is working. I don't believe that $700 plus labor is acceptable from Dodge, and even if I ordered the part they can't tell me when it would deliver due to large back log on them. It seems to me that there is a major issue and I think that there should be a recall issued by Dodge.

- Anderson, IN, USA

Jan 012006

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 turn signals don't work part time and part time turn on the wrong signal like turn on left and it turns on the right, also the wipers won't turn on some times and then won't turn on past slow wipe, when you turn on the brights it turns on the washer and wipers, I understand this is the same switch, the multifunction switch, Dodge has redesigned it now twice according to a dealer but has not recalled it and charges high dollars to fix it up to $700 this is a safety issue and should have been recalled years ago what is the hang up for the recall?

- Pleasent Grove, UT, USA

Nov 292010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

This has accured several times, while using turn signals.while driving I turn on the left signal and the right one seems to come on and then at times they will just all blink on and off. Then at other times while using the turn signals. The lights go fast then goes out. I feel this is a important and major saftey feature of this vehicle/ truck. I went and ask the local Dodge dealer service advisor about this problem. The advisor said he never heard of it. And further that warranty was out at 36000 miles. I was in the belief. That safety items on new vehicles were covered for 5 years 100000 miles... this problem will cause a accident. The ? is when...please recall this problem before someone gets hurt while turning due to the from a faulty turn signal that hes been found on the 2006 Dodge Ram pick up.

- Csa Grande, AZ, USA

Nov 202010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

When turn signal is used, vehicle signals in the opposite direction. This is the second time this has happened. Last time multifunction switch was replaced and there was no issue until now. Previous multifunction switch was replaced approx 1 year ago.

- Venetia, PA, USA

Oct 262010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I have a 2006 Dodge megacab 2500 I recently purchased. The turn signal multiswitch has a malfunction which seems to be a common problem. When I turn my left blinker on, the right signal will also blink and vice versa. The is a safety issue that can cause an accident.

- Santa Fe, TX, USA

Jun 202010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I have a 2006 Dodge mega cab 2500 4X4 slt with ~53K miles on it. About 1 month ago I started to experience issues with using my left turn signal. During light momentary and full left turn signal actuation, my right turn signal would come on and the left turn signal would not come on. The occurrences happen at random times and for random durations of time. I usually fiddle with the turn signal lever to get the left signal to work after I notice the incorrect flashing of the right turn signal. This surely has raised my chances of being involved in an accident as other drivers interpret this to mean I have change my intent to turn or am confused or possibly impaired. This is an ongoing problem and I will repair this at my own cost to avoid putting myself in danger. I have read numerous reports of this or very similar failures occurring in the Dodge truck line. Please make this a safety recall in order to address this serious issue.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Sep 212010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Normal driving, no rain, daylight hours. Outside temp. Was approx. 85 deg F. when attempting to activate left turn signal for a lane change, the signal would not activate, when I attempted to activate it again, the right signal activated. During the duration of my trip I was able to replicate this problem numerous times, affecting both sides. I was able to duplicate this issue with the vehicle both at rest and stationary, with the engine running. I have not fixed this issue at this time, but plan to replace the multifunction switch.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Aug 242010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact was driving in rainy weather when he discovered that the windshield wipers were inoperable. When the high beams were activated, the windshield wipers would engage. In addition, when activating the right turn signal, the left indicator light would flash instead. The contact stated that he was almost involved in a crash because of the failure. The manufacturer offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 107,000.

- Currituck , NC, USA

Aug 282010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins diesel-failed left turn signal/brake light on factory installed trailer plug. My parents purchased this truck new in 2007 that happened to have the trailer package included. I recently tried to hook up a trailer to my parents truck. I noticed the left turn signal and stop light on the trailer did not work. I went through the trailer and found all wiring to function correctly. I tested the factory installed trailer plug on the truck bumper and found the metal pin that sends the signal to the left signal/brake light of the trailer non-functioning. I tested the wire under the truck and found the same wire that attaches to the trailer plug had no electrical current. I checked the fuse box and all fuses were functioning. I checked the internet and found many people with the same complaint. The common cause for the problem listed was the fuse box(aka tipm). There isn't a separate fuse for the trailer signal for a issues like a short. The whole circuit for the left light is closed by the software. Instead of just replacing a fuse the whole fuse box needs to be replaced. The average cost is $1,000 to fix. I called the dealer and he said the usual service line, "just bring it in and for $99 we'll diagnose it for you. I called the Dodge customer service line and they said they would get back to me and it's been 3 days. I emailed Dodge customer service and they said the same as the dealer did. I replied asking if Dodge was going to help pay for the problem. I also asked if there was someone else of higher authority to communicate with. They replied okay and that it's been passed on. This is a big safety hazard for my family and the public. If I can't see a driver behind me or them can't see me and an accident occurs, who's going to pay for it and can you really put a price of the safety of your loved ones? updated IVOQ 12/01/10

- West Covina, CA, USA

Sep 012010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I was changing lanes on the interstate in minneapolis mn in heavy traffic and when I activated the left turn signal, the right turn signal flashed. I did catch it and didn't switch lanes. Obviously a safety concern. The problem has been coming and going for two days now and I plan to bring it to a dealer this weekend. When this does happen I can activate the four way flashers and the left turn signal does work. I don't know what the problem is but hopefully there is a fix for it.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Aug 232010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 megacab 4X4. While driving 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle and it was towed to an authorized dealer. The dealer advised that the ECM module and tipm failed. The dealer advised that the ECM would be replaced under factory warranty however the tipm would be repaired at the contacts expense. The manufacturer confirmed the information given to her by the dealer. The failure mileage was 80,000. Updated 12/10/10 updated 12/27/10

- Nolanville, TX, USA

Apr 012010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Use of left turn signal results in right turn blinker unless steering wheel is moved.

- Bellport, NY, USA

Nov 242008

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Multifunction switch in Dodge Ram 2500 defective. Blinkers when activated blink for the wrong direction, or not at all. Sometimes when they do activate they wont turn off. Hazard lights are also affected. Could cause an accident because from in the cab the blinker will show left turn but the right turn blinker will be blinking and vice versa. Or blinkers may show to be activated but are actually not. Wipers may start or stop with no warning. The blinker issue will cause an accident eventually, it probably already has. Wiper function is intermittent or no at all, problem occurs without any sort of warning.

- Bradford, AR, USA

Apr 092010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the turn signals and the windshield wipers stopped working on the vehicle. The hazard lights functioned intermittently. The contact did not have the vehicle inspected. The failure had become progressively worse over time until the past three months when they stopped working completely. The failure mileage was 52000. The current mileage was 60000.

- Lehi, UT, USA

Jul 032010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I own a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 mega cab. Just last week my blinkers started going crazy. I will signal the left blinker and it will signal right and visa versa. This problem happens daily and happens so frequent that I am afraid to drive my truck anywhere. I have not replaced the switch yet. In doing research, it says you must pull the steering wheel to fix the problem. I just thought a wire might be grounding out. I then started to do some research and many many other people are having this issue on their trucks of the same year. I do hope you consider this a recall as it to be a very intense safety issue and I do believe Dodge should fix the problem. Doing research on the problem it does cost a significant amount. If I have to fix a safety issue that is ongoing with a vehicle and Dodge knows about it, it is time for the government to step in and make this corporation fix the safety problem. If they know about the problem and don't fix it, I am sure a lawyer could be contacted to let everyone know about the problem including the ones who won't fix it.

- Cameron, MO, USA

Jun 162010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 laramie. Turn signals operate sporadically. Moving the turn signal stalk to signal a left turn can result in no flashing of the left turn signal but improper flashing of the right turn signal. Likewise the same opposite improper operation occurs when moving the turn signal stalk to signal a right turn. The incorrect flashing signal appears at both the dashboard indicator light and at the exterior front and rear turn signal lighting positions.

- Easton, PA, USA

Aug 132006

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact was driving approximately 25 mph attempting to make a turn. When the turn signal switch was activated to the desired selection, the opposite signal became functional. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer. The turn signal switch was replaced. There was a technical service bulletin regarding the related defect for the 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 model. The contact stated the manufacturer should issue an extended warranty or a recall for the malfunction. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 54,000.

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA