2.3

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Mar 012012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

While driving, the headlights will go off by themselves.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Jul 112012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Turn signals will switch back and forth. If you have left turn signal on, it will switch to right signal then back to left and vice versa.

- Bondurant, IA, USA

Sep 012012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

On multiple occasions when I put the left turn signal on, the signal will start flashing as though the right turn signal had been actuated. Sometimes the right signal starts flashing as soon as I turn the left signal on. On other occasions I will be stopped with the left signal flashing and it will intermittently start flashing to the right for no apparent reason. Occasionally neither of the signals will flash.

- Leander, TX, USA

Aug 022012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Driving in traffic at night and lost turn signals and brake lights on trailer almost caused rear end collision. Found problem was with the tipm or fuse box. The trailer wiring from the tipm has no fuse and is some sort of relay and can only be repaired by a dealer. Have found this to be a very common problem with other Dodge truck owners. Many different circumstances can cause this failure due to only a 15 amp limit before failure. Dealers say they can do a reflash for around $100 and if that does not work the tipm must be replaced at a cost of $1000 and this would be the case each and every time there was a 15 amp overload to this circuit. This is a serious safety issue as dealers or not open 24 hours or 7 days a week and also very expensive. This should be a simple fused circuit as it is with almost all vehicles and the repair could be made by simply replacing the blown 25 cent fuse found at all gas stations and convenience stores. I hope no one has been killed or injured over this same type issue.

- Ava, IL, USA

Jul 052011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Dash lights stopped working. They had went out once before but came back on the next day. After another day they went back out and haven't worked since.

- Marion Heights, PA, USA

Apr 212012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

I have had the ABS system warning light on 5 or 6 times, turn signal problems- both turn signals work at same time, A/C problems with the compressor not working at times and now is out all together. ABS and the lighting issue is the biggest problem since it is a 2500 truck and I hall hay, tractors and a 30 ft 5th wheel trailer, people need to know what I am doing or can I stop.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 212012

- Dallas, TX, USA

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The Ram 1500 had a failure of the tipm that controls the head lights leaving the truck with inadequate illumination.

- Mystic, CT, USA

- Mystic, CT, USA

Jun 092008

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Back in June of 2009 my right turn signal and brake light for the trailer stopped working. Then it started working again for a day or two. Now the have been out since I talked with one of the mechanics at the local Dodge dealership and he told me that they have had an issue with this all along and that the only fix was to replace the main power box under the hood. I still have no right turn or brake light on my trailer. If Dodge know that they have an issue with this electrical unit shouldn't they have to repair the issue under recall warranty. I shouldn't have to pay thousands of dollars out of my pocket for a problem that they know they have and refuse to address. I have been searching the internet about this issue and have seen thousands of complaints for this very issue. What can I do or who do I need to contact to get after Dodge so they will repair their problem with the electrical malfunctions they have. Is there any legal recourse that can be taken such as a class action lawsuit.

- High Point, NC, USA

Mar 182012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

I noticed that my driver side headlight was out, and replaced the bulb. After having tried two new bulbs none worked. The low beam is out, but the high beam works. I pull trailers all the time and haul heavy loads. I noticed that it affects the lights on my trailer and this is a very serious matter. This can cause an accident. After looking this up ( failed tipm) there are many many complaints about these trucks doing the same thing, and a recall has not yet been issued. The dealership wants an arm and a leg to fix just one headlamp. I contacted Chrysler and they stated that there is nothing they can do, I need to take it to the dealer and pay $1,000+ to have it fixed"!"! I am afraid that while driving at night my lights are going to fail and have an accident! we need to get this fixed immediately and consumers cannot afford to have it fixed as it is an ongoing issue with the same vehicle and part!

- La Feria, TX, USA

Nov 162011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Got a letter from Chrysler that I was supposed to get my turn signals fixed if I had this problem I did have the problem but it doesn't happen all the time, took the truck to dealer and they told me that they will not fix this turn signal problem if it isn't happening when they test it at dealer it is an intermittent problem and does not happen all the time but I believe that this is a major safety issue because if I am signaling one way and my truck is showing a different way that could possibly cause a crash or cause me to get a ticket. I believe this should be a recall and not just be fixed if the dealer can see it for them selves and was told by the dealer and Chrysler customer assistance that they will do nothing if they don't see this problem at dealer but I could be any where and if it happens im supposed to stop what im doing and take truck over to them and hope it is still doing it when I get there other wise O well. That's pretty much what I get from them.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Feb 042012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

Driver side highbeam will not work. Bulb is good, no power to socket. It costs $800 for a new tipm module plus programming. I cant afford to throw a thousand dollars at a vehicle every time a light goes out. I know that I'm not the only one with this problem. It wouldn't be an issue except the price now I am forced to wait and try to fix it myself.

- Gunnison, CO, USA

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD

Low beam headlights went out while driving came back on and went out again turn signals operate backwards turn on the left and the right comes on. Dealership says it is the tipm and it is a common problem, seems that it is an extreme safety issue to me that effects a lot of Dodge vehicles.

- Morningview, KY, USA

Apr 202011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl

Headlight failure tipm fails to allow headlight to illuminate and costs $900 to replace. Vehicle only had 51,000 miles.

- Montauk, NY, USA

Aug 012009

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Since August of 2009, I have had problems with my turn signals not working correctly at all times. Issue: When I turn the right turn signal on the left signal comes on. When I turn the right signal on the left comes on. Occasionally, they do not work at all.

- Front Royal, VA, USA

May 192010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl

Dodge has a bad tipm, when a headlight goes out the tipm gets an over voltage signal and shuts the light down so if you replace the light it still wont work, you have to take it to the dealer and get it reprogrammed and you can only do that twice and have to get a new one that cost $1000.

- Dove Creek, CO, USA

Jan 022012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Wrong direction of turn signal comes on when activating the switch.

- Bangor, CA, USA

Dec 052011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl

While towing trailer back left blinker and back left brake lights failed to work. Then back left blinker on truck stopped working.. problem is in the vehicles computer, dealer only item that cost $712. Some thing called "tipm". just type in blinker problem for Dodge Ram on google and watch and see how many other people are having this hudge saftey problem. Please look into this problem, peoples lives are at on the line!!! thank you

- Clinton, CT, USA

Dec 012010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Turn signals do not work properly. When you put on your left turn signal it will light up as a right turn signal often and same when you put on your right turn signal the left will light up. Most of the time however my turn signals will not even come on. This has almost caused several accidents its really bad when I am pulling trailers. In rain storms and snow storms my windshield wipers will occasionally just stop and only have 1 speed which is slow.... I have had to pull over alot and just wait for my windshield wipers to work again.

- Gerald, MO, USA