2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Dec 162011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4X4. The contact stated that while driving the front end of the vehicle would bounce uncontrollably. A local mechanic repaired the track bar, lower ball joints, steering shocks, tie rod ends, stabilizer and upper ball joints. The dealer made an attempt to assist the contact but the contact denied the dealer's assistance. The manufacturer was contacted and advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 07E009000 (suspension). The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 117,966 and the current mileage was 150,000.

- Tyty, GA, USA

Sep 022011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

2006 2500 Dodge 4X4 mega cab (stock) no lift. Our Dodge has started to experience a violent wobble at certain highway speeds when hitting a bump/hole. It is very dangerous as the vehicle is out of control when this occurs, causing dangerous conditions for me and anyone driving close to me. The wobble is so bad there is no way to gain control of the vehicle until you bring it to a complete stop. We have replaced bushings, track bar, steering damper twice, rotated/balanced tires. I called earnhardt Dodge in chandler, AZ and told them about my problem. They said they are very aware of the insidious issue and have many customers complaining. This is something Dodge should be addressing and recall notices should be published immediately if Dodge is aware of this problem and know how to fix it.

- Apache Junction, AZ, USA

Mar 102012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

After hitting a bump at highway speed the front end of my truck violently shook until I reduced speed to around 50mph. After researching issue on line I found this issue is so common that it is now referred to as the "Dodge death wobble". when this happened to me I was unable to steer until I slowed enough to stop the violent shaking. I contacted the local Dodge dealer to see if there were any recalls for this and they told me that this was the first time that they had heard of this issue. I had the dealership look at my truck several months before and they found nothing. I had les schwab look it over and they found nothing. Several on line posts indicated similar results. To get a better idea of the extent of the issue just go to you tube and type in "Dodge death wobble" and you will see plenty of videos with the exact issue I experienced.

- Goldendale, WA, USA

Feb 132011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while having the vehicle examined for routine maintenance, he was informed that the upper and lower ball joints on both sides of the front end needed to be replaced. This was under warranty. Approximately 19,000 miles later, the vehicle was taken back to the dealer and the contact was again informed that the front ball joints needed to be replaced. This failure was not covered under warranty. The manufacturer was notified and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 15,000 and the current mileage 43,000.

- Sherborn, MA, USA

Dec 072011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl

The truck shakes uncontrollably after hitting a pot hole or un even pavement. Aprox 55 to 75 mph. I almost went off an embankment at 65 mph. The truck would non steer or brake when it was shaking. Death wobble look at you tube Dodge truck death wobble.

- Phoenix , AZ, USA

Jul 012009

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

My 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 megacab is experiencing a very violent shaking in front suspension. Had a recall and dealer said it did not apply to my vehicle. Have tried alignments, new tires, new steering stabilizer dampers, even a frame brace that goes from one frame rail to the other to help stiffen front end. Every time you hit a bump it loses control and you have to come to a complete stop so it can stop shaking so violently. If you search the internet you will find hundreds more if not thousands are having the same problem as well. There are even forums on this issue. I know that there is an ongoing investigation on this issue but it covers 2008's and above. Older models are experiencing this issue as well. The public is in danger over this issue. Dodge should be made liable and held accountable. They need to fix this issue before innocent people get hurt.

- Alpine, TX, USA

Oct 272011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

At 70 mph road speed, when encountering a pot hole or bridge expansion joint, the front wheels and steering components begin to shake and wobble violently, nearly jerking the steering wheel out of my hands. Had I not had both hands on the wheel at the time, a loss of vehicle control might have occurred. While braking and trying to maintain control of the vehicle, at approximately 25 mph the violent shaking suddenly stopped. Within 2 miles after resuming a 70 mph speed the same thing happened when crossing the next bridge expansion joint. Again, when slowing to 25 mph, the shaking stopped. I have since checked several sources and found this appears to be a common problem on Ram 2500 diesel powered trucks. Several after market companies are selling products which they claim will prevent this so called "death wobble" after checking with a local Dodge heavy duty truck dealer they claim they are not aware of such a problem ever occurring. I believe that Dodge is aware of this problem, but since no one has been killed or injured yet, they are reluctant to delve into the problem for a solution, or acknowledge that it even exists.

- Seneca, MO, USA

Jul 072011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

Truck goes into a shimmy and breaks the tie rod ends. Happened three times. Three times in for repair finally drove into canal.

- Cocoa, FL, USA

May 152011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl

Front end failure and not just once.I have had it fixed 3 times. There is only 53000 miles on the truck.last time the tie rod broke and the truck ended up half way in a 10ft ditch. The last time a whole new steering linkage and steering box was put on. I have replaced all of the ball joints twice. This is a stock from the dealer 2500 hd truck.

- Dyer, IN, USA

Jul 022011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

After hitting a bump in the road going 70 mph my truck began to shake so violently it ripped the steering wheel from my hand and uncontrollably changed several lanes on I-95 before coming to a stop. I have since had it happen 3 more times at lower speeds around 55-65 mph. I have contacted Dodge with no help, I have read many accounts of others with the same problem dubbed the "death wobble". I have so far changed tires, shocks, steering dampener, and tie rods. It still has the problem and is extremely dangerous I will not let anyone ride in it, this will absolutely get someone killed eventually. Do not buy a Dodge Ram 2500.

- Stafford, VA, USA

Jul 092007

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Violent shaking in front end...otherwise known as the "death wobble." Also has a clunk in steering wheel. Have replaced upper and lower ball joints, tie rods, and track bar. Have replaced tires, balanced, and rotate/balance ever 5000 miles. Issue still keeps occurring. Has occurred with two separate sets of tires(load E and load D)shop now saying to replace steering shaft, steering box, shocks, and steering stabilizer. Shop also says Dodge trucks are their best customers.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Mar 132011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl

Dodge Ram 2500 "death wobble".

- Antelope, CA, USA

Mar 042011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The front end of 2006 Dodge Ram with 48,000 miles on it goes out of control when you hit a pot hole. The death wobble as it is called on you tube happened twice on a freeway coming home approx. 140 miles had there been other vehicles near there we may have crashed Dodge knows there is a problem but wont fix it because they say it is out of warranty but come on 48,000 miles that's a defect not woreout. This pickup is used mostly on paved roads.

- Twin Falls, ID, USA

Jan 012011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4 X 4 mega cab death wobble. Iżve had the front end of my truck shake at speeds over 45 mph and turning left on any surface that has bumps. When you hit a bump the front of the truck shakes, the dash begins to shake and the truck feels like its going to fall apart. After slowing down to less than 15mph you may be lucky to get control. After the sixth time it happeded to me, I was driving on a highway going 55mph, making a left turn over an expansion joint in the highway, the front wheels, steering wheel and dash started to shake violently. My truck slammed of the side rail before I could get control. After calling Dodge they told me IżM stuck buying a 2009 tie rod assembly, pitman arm, steering stablizer because they no longer made it for Dodge Ram 2500 4 X 4 trucks 2003 ż 2008 due to safty reason. (btw the new tie rod assembly is non-greasable / non servicable, so when a tie rod goes out, you get to replace the whole thing again.) I had to obvisouly get an alingment done after everything. All and all I have about $1000 bucks that im out and that doesnżT include the repairs to the rear quarter panel, thanks Dodge!!! :( boooooooo

- Littleton, CO, USA

Feb 212011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl

I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 mega cab 4X4 and today I experienced first hand the famous death wobble at 75 mph. I hit a small pothole and the truck started shaking really bad. I slowed and it stopped. I have owned the truck for almost a year.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Dec 202010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl

2006 Dodge death wobble, when at speeds above 40mph, hit a bump and front end goes into a violent shake. Dodge has a service bulletin about this issue but it cost over $2000. There are numerous articles about this situation all over the internet. There needs to be a recall from Dodge before someone is killed.

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA

Oct 282010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

At 70-75 mph when hitting a bump in the road the front of the truck starts to violently shake and pulls you into the other lane or off the road, it does not quit until you come to a complete stop.

- Kent, WA, USA

Oct 082010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I have a 2006 Dodge cummins with 44000 miles on it with the whole front end is now brand new. The problem with these vehicles is when you hit a bump or pot hole from 50 to 70 mph your truck gets a severe shake in the front end and can make you lose control and kill you or other people. Also known as the death wobble.

- Price , UT, USA

Jun 232009

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab laramie with diesel - vehicle begins to shake/wobble at around 40mph and gets progressively worse. When I hit a small bump - vehicle violently shakes out of control - loss of steering occurs - and have virtually no control until I bring speed down under 20-30mph. This is an extremely dangerous condition. Have had 2 dealerships inspect and find nothing wrong. Had a good truck shop in town inspect - no idea what's causing this issue. I do not have $5K+ to give Dodge to put on a full 2009 model years suspension. They have done multiple recalls, none of which fix this issue. I just want my truck to drive normally without fearing going over 45mph.

- Brunswick, GA, USA

Jan 012007

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 "death wobble". truck shakes at any speed but worse at higher speed when you hit a bump. It causes to loose control of truck. The truck just shakes violently and must come to a complete stop on highway. Brought back to dealer and was good for about 2 weeks. Has been going on since 1 year old. The truck currently has 50,000 miles on it.

- Franklin, NJ, USA