2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon Owner Comments

Aug 212016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

1st complaint passenger side tire was found to be low upon inspection the wheel,17 inch wheel is cracked on the inside about 6 inches long by estimate. I have pictures on my phone I just haven't had opportunity to upload to computer yet. Had wheel blown it would have killed my family of four as I was towing a trailer when it was noticed. 2nd complaint intake air door, broke off causing troubles with freeing windshield of fog during certain times and days of year, this can be found on google many complaints intake door that controls outside vs inside air.

- Fleming, CO, USA

Jan 092016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 25 mph, the front passenger side wheel tie rod detached, rendering the vehicle unstable. The vehicle was pulled to side and subsequently towed to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 47,000.

- Hayden, ID, USA

May 032012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

I have been watching the news recently and saw the Jeep death wobble reports. I have the same experience and same problem with my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. I almost got into two accidents on the high way and once my truck lost control due to the death wobble and turned 180 degrees on the highway facing oncoming traffic. But, luckily no one was hurt. I took the truck to see what the problem was and the mechanics said I have to pay a couple thousand to repair. However, the mechanic said he has seen many Jeep and Dodge have the same problem and said the company should have a recall because it is extremely dangerous and it is the manufactures fault. Due to hard economic times I can not afford to fix my truck and I am very scared for my safety and my families. So please help me in this terrible situation along with other Dodge Ram and Jeep owners. This is very common problem and can be seen all over the internet, youtube and the news. I look forward to hearing back from you and getting help.

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Feb 222012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel equipped with moto metal rims, model number: M09572006. The contact was driving 35 mph when the vehicle shifted to the right abnormally. The contact stated that the passenger side front rim was fractured. The vehicle was taken to a local repair shop where the failure was confirmed. The manufacturer was not contacted and the vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 122,610 and the current mileage was 122,748.

- Corona, CA, USA

Nov 202008

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram. While driving less than 30 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate hard and the front driver's side wheel detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The dealer stated that the wheel bearings were more than likely the cause of the failure; however, they could not assist because the vehicle was 2,000 miles out of warranty. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 36,944. Updated 04-14-09 updated 04/16/09.

- Orlando, FL, USA