2003 Dodge Ram Van 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram Van 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 032014

Ram Van 1500 5.9L V8

click to see larger images

rusted from frame to steering linkage rusted from frame to steering linkage rusted from frame to steering linkage rusted from frame to steering linkage rusted from frame to steering linkage rusted from frame to steering linkage

Taking pics to shop to see if viable to fix OR I'll be selling the excellent engine that has never misfired (platinum plugs came on vehicle) and new tires separately... thank God I was only 'parking this van' when the front end collasped in my driveway. OR I WOULD'VE BEEN DEAD and/or/also KILLED PEOPLE!!! Stabilizer bar/tie rod/ front axle collapse from RUST breaking above items and bolts that held them onto the frame.

It can be fixed..but at what cost, entire front frame is rusted where these parts need to be a fixed to. Why oh why didn't I take the $2500.00 I was offered at a dealer 3 months ago. My Bad? Or Dodges? I know I'll never own another Ford or Dodge. Too much Rust.

Previous to this.. I've always been a VW gal. But always a Van gal. Routans? Chrysler products...not even mini van worthy.

I see no recalls for products that: Rust Thru All the Way! Its a shame...body has certain rust spots but the cargo van with finished interior is almost mint...I take good care of my vehicles. If I could make the cargo portion into a tree house for my daughter I would. Far too many codes in my neighborhood, won't allow it. But for the $28,???.00 I paid for this vehicle and the interest, I certainly DID NOT GET MY MONIES WORTH! Lesson learned. No repeat customer here, unless I get an immediate phone call & fix. I won't hold my breathe.

(Oh btw my mom's Dodge Minivan with broken trans-axle....recall came 1 month after she traded it in, just saying.)

- , Orland Park, IL, USA