1.7

1998 Dodge Ram Van 2500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Ram Van 2500:

1998 Dodge Ram Van 2500 Owner Comments

May 222011

Ram Van 2500

While backing out of my parking space and turning the steering wheel I heard a loud pop/thump. Subsequently while driving down the road at 15mph the steering went out and the vehicle was uncontrollable. I had the vehicle towed to a repair shop. The cause of the break down was the front passenger side frame had rusted and cracked. This is where the steering is connected to. No repair was possible. I have contacted alternate repair sources of dealers, body shops, welders and metal fabricators without any success to get anyone willing or able to repair the frame. The vehicle is considered non-drivable and non-fixable.

- St. Clair Shores, MI, USA