2003 GMC Envoy lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy:

2003 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Sep 262013

Envoy XL, SLE V6, 4wd

Last year I had an issue of my passenger-side low-beam headlight going out intermittently and carried it several times to the repair shop but told there was nothing wrong with it. Had the bulb changed another time when it finally was out during inspection for issue. Probably with bulb continued to occur until I finally had a family friend who is a mechanic replace the burned out wire connector.

Then I had to spend $1,600 to repair or replace the following at time of inspection: driver's seat, brakes, front/rear windshield washer reservoirs and a few smaller issues.

Had no more issues for 4 months and now coming home last night at 9 PM I realized that both my headlights (low beam) are not on and finally realize why everyone was blowing their horns at me! I tried to use the direct switch to headlights off of the normal "Automatic Daylight Running Lamps" setting but no change. I had parking lights, high-beam lights, turn signals, fog lights and brake lights but could not get the low-beams to come on. Checked the lamps this morning and they look fine.

WHAT COULD BE WRONG NOW? I have bragged on my "little" Envoy XL since I purchased it in 2007 but it seems that it is now going to let me down! Please tell me that this is a simple fuse or relay issue and CHEAP!!!

- , Fredericksburg, VA, USA

May 112011

Envoy SLE 4.2L V6

these bulbs go out all the time. vibration makes it worse.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA