2003 GMC Envoy miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy:

2003 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Mar 152016

Gas gauge is not working. Amount of gas in tank unknown due to this error, not only making driving unsafe, it is also a major inconvenience. We have replaced fuel filter in gas tank and problem still persists. Now our mechanic has suggested a new imstrument cluster.....$500 later will it be fixed?' all the while GMC knows of this problem.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Dec 192015

Front air bag did not deploy, driving in snow slid an hit a tree was driving on a highway.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 262013

In 2013 we took R vehicle to get smoged it wouldn't pass the mechanic said there is a crack in the gas tank and they can use some stuff on it to patch it, now a year goes by my son is using the car putting gas in the at the station and another lady tells him your leaking gas took it to the Chevy in tracy ca they said there was nothing they could do there was a recall on this vehicle and they couldn't do anything about it and my husband told them we never received a recall notice about this and he said there was nothing they could do and it would cost us $1600 now my GMC is setting in my driveway and we R too afraid to drive it that it will catch on fire and its undrivable the neck going to the gas tank is cracked, my son drove this vehicle with his baby for quite awhile and this has scared me to death I think GMC needs to make this right and fix this problem on my car we would of taken it in right away if we had know about it and that there was a recall.

- Patterson, CA, USA

Jun 112010

My vehicle was making a jet like sound on start up and while driving and eventually the check engine light came on. It also was making a clicking sound from the electronic heating unit. I took it in to a certified GMC dealer and they said the clutch fan needed to be replaced (expensive repair). Could not tell where the clicking was coming from at the time (1/6/11 clicking will not stop - ended up being a door actuator). I did some research on these problem and they are very common in these vehicle. I called GMC customer service to make a complaint because at a little over 59000 miles these parts should not have gone bad. I wish GMC would consider a recall on this problem as well as other major things.

- Richmond , VA, USA