2003 GMC Envoy seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy:

2003 GMC Envoy Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 202016

Envoy

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy. While driving at various speeds, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Cambridge, MA, USA

Dec 192015

Envoy

Driving in the snow, back passenger side slid right, lost control hit a tree.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Dec 192015

Envoy

Front air bag did not deploy, driving in snow slid an hit a tree was driving on a highway.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 112015

Envoy

I have no problem, but in the past I read in my local press that my Envoy was to be recalled because of fallty airbags. I need to know if this is true, as I contueing to read many of GMC cars are included in the recall.

- Grandville, MI, USA

Feb 142015

Envoy

My car started going nuts the wipers wouldnt turn off the seats wont move the doors wont lock the heaters off and hot air comes out tru ventilatos.

- Donaldson, PA, USA

Feb 102015

Envoy

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that while driving at 5 mph, the contact depressed the accelerator pedal instead of the brake pedal which caused the vehicle to crash into a tree. As a result, the air bag failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the neck and left shoulder which required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 189,325.

- Americus, GA, USA

Nov 182007

Envoy 6-cyl

Entering straight stretch of 2 lane hwy.,I swerved to miss object in my lane and part of adjacent lane. I could not straighten up vehicle. The vehicle rolled and struck a tree. The engine was off and the air bags did not inflate. My door was damaged and had to be cut off to free myself. The Envoy was totaled. My wife's harness did not hold and she was facing the rear between the front seats. The side air bags and front air bags did not work. The vehicle was well maintained with new tires and brakes. I was life flighted, and my wife was carried by ambulance to the hospital where we sustained multiple injuries.

- Pace, FL, USA

Jun 042012

Envoy 6-cyl

I was driving about 40 mph when I went threw a yellow light when a older lady turn in front of me, I hit her on the passenger side between the front N back dr, , pushing N rolling N totaling her small SUV. She was not serious hurt. My airbags did not deploy. My Envoy was still driveable. I took my Envoy to my local GMC dealer to have them find prob why the airbags didn't go off, they or I called a rep for GMC, to come to sioux falls to investigate and he told me that the reason they didn't deploy was because I wasn't going fast enough for impact for deploy. I think that is bunch of bull. Can someone help me, is there anything I can do.I hear that a person can receive cash from GMC if a person S airbags don't go off.

- Siouxfalls, SD, USA

Apr 142014

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

My daughter was driving the Envoy at about 45 mph when a drunk driver pulled out in front of traffic, causing everyone to slam on their brakes, and my daughter was not able to stop in time before rear-ending another vehicle. The car is totaled but the airbags never deployed.

- Aztec, NM, USA

Dec 102012

Envoy 6-cyl

Driving at approx. 2:30 pm in intermittently rainy conditions- I suddenly found myself unable to control my vehicle and had trouble seeing my surroundings even though I had new rain-X wipers on. While I applied the brakes they did not work as effectively as they should. Additionally, after the first and second impact (multiple vehicles were involved)- no air bags deployed. I was the only person in the vehicle and still the drivers side air bag did not deploy. Resulted in two fatalities in another vehicle while I suffered a head injury, facial fractures that required surgery, and a broken collar bone from the seat belt that I could not afford the medical intervention required for repair.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jan 162014

Envoy

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the contact was involved in a crash. The vehicle traveled down an embankment and crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy and the contact sustained injuries to the arms. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure and current mileage was 100,000.

- Winchester , VA, USA

Dec 072013

Envoy 6-cyl

Drove to work Saturday night 12/07/2013 parked car at 7:30 pm went in to work.came out to my car at 10:00pm for break to see my car smoking the passengers heated seat turned it's self on at some point and was on fire burning the seat and my cooler that was sitting on the seat was on fire and smoke filled the car was making it hard to breath the smoke was thick and smelled toxic. Me and my fellow employees dumped snow on and under the seat from as far, away as we could till the smoke calmed down.to get the fire out.I am so grateful I was not driving or there was no person sitting on the seat at the time could of caused me to wreck myself or others.on my drive home could not use the heat due to the fumes being to strong with the windows up and heat on had to drive with no heat and windows down 40 minutes with the temps in the teens.

- Greenwood , IN, USA

Nov 252013

Envoy

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, he slightly crashed into a curb and the vehicle turned over in a ditch. The air bags did not deploy and the contact sustained neck and lower back injuries. A police report was filed of the incident. The vehicle was deemed destroyed and towed to a salvage yard. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Moss Point, MS, USA

Aug 252009

Envoy

My husband fell asleep at the wheel on his way to work and hit several trees. The car is totaled but the airbags didn't go off. I do understand that the accident was 100% my husbands fault but I don't understand why the air bags didn't go off.

- Elmore City, OK, USA

Jul 102008

Envoy

2003 GMC Envoy 55,000 miles air bag warning light comes on intermittently. Is this covered under a federal law requiring and extended warranty?

- Viera, FL, USA

May 192008

Envoy

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy. While driving 55 mph, the contact made an abrupt left turn and his vehicle rolled over twice. During the rollover, the air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries. The vehicle has not been diagnosed by the dealer. A police report was filed. The current and failure mileages were 82,000.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Jan 142008

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy. While driving 55 mph, the contact drive into a ditch. There was white powder on the steering wheel; however, the air bags failed to deploy. The driver was wearing a seat belt, but sustained back injuries. The vehicle was towed to her residence. The front end of the vehicle was damaged. The vehicle has not been inspected. The current and failure mileages were 50,318.

- Ashdown , AR, USA

Feb 032007

Envoy 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy. While driving 19 mph, another vehicle crashed into the passenger side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. She stated that the driver side seat belt did not restrain her during the crash. The driver sustained a concussion, whiplash, and multiple contusions. The manufacturer inspected the vehicle, but were unable to determine the cause of failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The VIN and engine size were unknown. The failure and current mileages were 29,000.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Aug 092007

Envoy 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that the vehicle was involved in a crash, rolled over five times, and landed on the front end. The vehicle then continued to roll over a few more times. The vehicle has a total of five air bags and none of them deployed. The vehicle was destroyed. The roof, rear, sides, and front of the vehicle were crushed completely. He notified the manufacturer and has yet to hear a response. He stated that the ligaments in his shoulder and neck are torn and he sustained muscle damage in his back. The contact is taking a number of medications due to the crash. The police and medivac unit arrived at the scene and a police report was filed. The speed was unknown. The failure and current mileages were 65,000.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Nov 222004

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

Consumer's vehicle was involved in a head on collision at 35 mph. Upon impact, air bags did not deploy. Consumer will notify manufacturer.....police report included

- Frisco, TX, USA