1.7

2004 GMC Envoy accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Jun 022015

Envoy

The contact owns a 2004 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that while the vehicle was parked, the passenger window rolled down independently without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 110,000. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V248000 (electrical system, visibility). The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Parlin, NJ, USA

Dec 312013

Envoy 6-cyl

Simply driving down a smooth road, no bumps, and rear hatch glass shattered. I've read hundreds of complaints about this happening to other people's Envoy. At first I thought somebody shot out my window because who has ever heard of a window just exploding for no reason. Well, apparently GMC found a way to make windows, "just explode", and then weasels their way out of paying to fix this embarrassment of american engineering. From what I've read GMC has refused all cases compensation for this problem, so I came here to voice my frustration because I don't have $795 to fix my truck. I am wondering if this problem should be considered for a class action lawsuit. My 1999 VW jetta was part of a class action lawsuit because the ground effect trim would get caught on parking blocks and cause damage, but this window exploding is a much more serious problem. So I will call GMC on Jan.2 when offices open back up, and depending on how that goes I might call up a buddy who practices law to see what the chances are for a class action suit.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Jul 262012

Envoy 6-cyl

Lock completely out of back hatch wire acts as if it has a short which shuts the whole back down I am unable to use my rear wiper at all interfere with my steroe shutting of when U turn off Envoy when it shouldn't have been locked completely out of the rear bottom and the glass hatch I do not use my hatch now because I don't want to be locked out again it has happen twice and this not under warranty have seen othe complaints online due to same issues has there been a recall on this I have only had this Envoy for 4 months and to be honest I think it messes with the air I have duel air and the passenger side gets colder quicker than the driver and never seemed to do this untill the wires G started messing up in the rear.

- Indpls , IN, USA

Mar 112012

Envoy

The contact owns a 2004 GMC Envoy ex. The contact stated that while driving approximate 25 mph, the windshield wipers activated without intent. The contact disabled the fuse and the windshield wipers became inoperative. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000.

- Naperville, IL, USA