2. replace switch (1 reports)
2004 GMC Envoy accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Jul 082014

Envoy 3.2L V6

Several times my SUV has just, died normally it will restart but I mean while I am driving every thing dies but comes right back up in a few seconds. This last time it did this it did not restart and I ended up rear ending someone because brakes would not grab and steering wheel was locked. Front end of my SUV was shoved back to the engine block but the airbags did not go off. luckily no one appeared injured.

- , Saint Joseph, MO, USA

Oct 012012

Envoy XL V8

This is the 2nd ignition switch I have had to replace in this vehicle. I was told they only last about 3 or 4 years. I have owned a number of vehicles and never had to replace an ignition switch. What kind of el-cheap-os do they put in these vehicles. Also I only drive this vehicle about once a week, so there is not very extensive use.

This last switch would leave the battery light on even after the key was removed.

Causing the battery to be dead the next morning.

Handy, Huh!!!!!!