2005 GMC Envoy engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 GMC Envoy:

2005 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Oct 282014

Envoy

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Envoy. After turning the key in the ignition switch, the vehicle failed to start intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 105,000.

- Roselle, NJ, USA

Oct 072014

Envoy

The oil pressure gauge is reading above 80. Had oil changed immediately. Was told that there have been complaints regarding the mis reading of the instrument panel. Contacted GM and was told that at this time they are not covering the repairs and that it is the consumers responsibility to replace the engine sensor system. GM has some of the rudest and nastiest customer service representatives. I had to call 3 times in one day. They even hung up on me. I spoke with jonathan, connie and veronica. I asked about the safety of the vehicle and other potential problems, such as engine fire or entire system shutting down and not responding. They had absolutely no answer for me other than they are not covering the cost of the repair.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 262013

Envoy

In March 2012 I had motor mounts installed on my 2005 GMC Envoy at the dealership jay GMC Buick columbus Georgia. On August 26,2013 they are telling me I need new motor mounts because of the age of vehicle and miles they need to be replace. I guess parts are old and professional installing is old to. During this same time had a tune-up {major} and now have to have coil and plug install. This make it seem paying for professional serve is a waste of time. My fuel injector also needs cleaning again. In the future I can only expect 40,000 miles on anything fixed by dealer.

- Phenix City, AL, USA

Apr 172012

Envoy

I have been reading a lot and it seems to be a common problem in the 2005 series GMC Envoy, Chevy trailblazer. Basically the cooling fan clutch goes bad easily and quickly. When you start the engine it is fine but after the clutch needs to engage it either clicks, and doesn't engage or it just makes that common jet engine roaring. This is all to common and GM needs to do something about it. There have been people with 40,000 miles or 140,000. I my self am on my second one and it is already doing to the same thing after 5 months.

- Grand Forks Afb, ND, USA

Oct 122012

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that when driving at various speeds, the fuel level gauge would fluctuate abnormally and the contact was unaware of the exact level of gasoline in the vehicle. The contact also noticed that the check engine warning light was illuminated for some time. In addition, the speedometer also failed. The vehicle had not been inspected by a dealer or an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was contacted and advised the contact that they would cover fifty percent of the repair costs. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 119,224. The current mileage was unavailable. Updated 12/11/12

- Bernie, MO, USA

Jul 152011

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Envoy. The contact stated while driving 55 mph, the vehicle crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained minor tissue damage on the upper body from the impact. The vehicle was towed to a repair shop, where it was declared destroyed. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure; however, they provided no assistance. The current and failure mileage were unavailable. Updated 09/24/2012 the consumer stated the accident was initiated by a vehicle going West bound that crossed the solid double lines, ultimately causing a domino effect. The consumer's vehicle was damaged when he tried to avoid hitting the vehicle by swerving sideways and sliding into the grass. He tried stopping the vehicle while it was still on the pavement but he inevitably ran into the ditch and flew airborne into a tree, with the truck being overturned. Updated 03/25/14

- Richmond , VA, USA