2005 GMC Envoy miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 GMC Envoy:

2005 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Aug 222016

Envoy

I had three cars in front of me stopped. I did not see any breakl lights and I hit the car in front of me pushing the other cars to hit each other. My front end of my car was severely damaged bad enough to damage the radiator and destroy my ac unit. I'm not sure what else was damaged. It sent the person in front of me and myself to the emergency room. " my air bags did not deploy ". my vehicle was moving on a city street.

- Jay, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Envoy

While driving my 2005 GMC Envoy my speedometer will stop working and register as 0 mph even when I am moving. It also has shown me travelling at a much higher speed at times. There are many issues with this that I've found while searching the web. It is unnerving and dangerous to not know the speed you are traveling. I have started to use a gps system when I drive to show my speed.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Jul 072015

Vehicle intermittently stalls/stops.

- Washington, DC, USA

May 012015

Envoy

When backing the vehicle to leave a local restaurant, driver struck vehicle behind her. This happened so quickly that it was unknown to the driver how the vehicle traveled so quickly that driver had not even had a chance to turn the steering wheel to avoid striking the other vehicle. Driver placed vehicle in drive to pull over to assess the damage. When placed into drive, the vehicle lurched forward and continued to accelerate despite the brakes being applied. The vehicle struck a brick restaurant. Damage was also done to the interior bathroom of the facility and the business had to close to assure safety of it's staff/customers. Witness states the vehicle was obviously lurching and appeared to have a mechanical problem. The driver's foot bounced off of the brake pedal on impact lodging it underneath the brake pedal. It was also noted that neither front airbags did deploy. Driver did not seek medical attention however driver's foot was badly bruised.

- Quincy, IL, USA

Mar 052015

Envoy

I first noticed this problem when I was getting onto a highway and when I looked at my speedometer it registered 120mph. I was just merging into the lane with traffic. Then when I exited and wile waiting for a stoplight to change to green, my car registered 60 while sitting still. This had happened the winter before and then stopped. This time I had to fix it. It never stopped registering my speed incorrectly.

- Saint Charles, MO, USA

Aug 152014

Envoy

When backing a small trailer into garage, driver saw flames coming from hood, driver existed vehicle which soon was engulfed. Entire engine and components were totaled due to fire loss. Car a complete loss.

- West Columbia, SC, USA

Jan 012009

Envoy

The back passenger doors, at times, wont shut, they keep popping open. I had the parts replaced back in 2009, now it is 2013 and I have to replace again.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA