2006 GMC Envoy brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 GMC Envoy:

2006 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Sep 022014

I was traveling over a bridge on ramp from one interstate frwy to to curve on bridge and had to abruptly put the brakes on I felt a snap in brake pedal then no brakes as I got off the curve and released brake the brakes are fine but now I get a bad shaking in front when speeds of 65 and over like the tires are wobbling.I bought the vehicle used and the first day engine blew.they say it was a rebuild I feel so ripped off.also the tire warming lights are and sometimes off.please help me.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Jan 022014

On 12/23/13, while parked the vehicle died. When restarting, it was a little slow but did end up starting. On 12/24/13, I had the battery tested and it showed that the cca's just needed a good charge so I let the vehicle run for 45 minutes. A few hours later, the vehicle would not even turn over. On 12/25/13, removed the battery and reinstalled it. The vehicle started fine and ran well for a few days. On 1/1/14, vehicle stalled while driving. Ended up restarting but I had to give it gas to do so. On 1/2/14, I started the car to warm it up and it started fine. I let it run for 20-30 minutes before attempting to drive it. When I got in the vehicle, it said that the brake system was not working and the stabilitrack light was flashing on and off intermittently. I had to get a cab to work & have it towed to the shop. I'm hoping to hear back tomorrow in regards to what is going on. Also, had to get a rental vehicle in the meantime for transportation.

- Lincoln, NE, USA