1.7

hardy worth mentioning

2006 GMC Envoy drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 GMC Envoy:

2006 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Aug 182012

Envoy 6-cyl

First, gas gauge started miss reading, then a month or 2 later it has been stuck on E with low indicator light on ever since. Second, last week my daughter stopped the vehicle, put the gear selector in park, car kept moving, dash indicator was still indicating drive and kept moving. Good thing she didn't get out of the car. I saw a big recall for GM multiple years but not my model for bad shifter cable and that is what broke. That could have been a very serious incident and could have caused someone to get seriously injured.

- Clover, SC, USA

May 132012

Envoy

While driving vehicle, started to rough idle and almost caused a vehicle accident because I was unable to stop the car while driving, engine shutdown while driving and lost all power and braking & steering ability, restated vehicle and got burning gas smell from vehicle exhaust pipe and check engine light on with code P0014, got vehicle serviced and had new sensor installed but now getting pinging sound from engine under load and while driving at speed and minor vibration while at idle. I feel this is a serious issue with this vehicle where almost feel unsafe driving vehicle due to running risk of engine shutdown while at speed and unable to steer or brake when engine stalls due to this condition with code P0014 in cars computer. Would really like to be contacted about this issue, GM should have a recall to inspect these systems and provide free repairs of any faulty sensors and provide a full service check on this vehicles. I felt real unsafe to drive this vehicle due to worrying about causing engine damage or having a accident because of this high end failure of this componet

- Vestal, NY, USA