2006 GMC Envoy miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 GMC Envoy:

2006 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Aug 012015

Envoy GMC 2006 power steering becomes difficult at low speeds. Must use two hands to turn wheel. Power steering fluid not the problem. Engine light inadvertently comes

- Bossier City, LA, USA

Jul 082015

Opened lift gate while reaching into back the lift gate failed and fell down on shoulders and back

- Saginaw, MI, USA

Mar 222015

I was involved in a head on collision, where a car came around a bus into my lane. It was a clear cut case of who was at fault. My concern is that my air bag never deployed. There is a driver and passenger airbag in that model. If not for my seat belt, I would have gone through the windshield and the vehicle was totaled from the force. There are pictures I could forward of the accident. I wanted to know if there was any thing else I could do to address this issue. Thank you

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Aug 072012

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

I have had this issue 3 times -8/2012, 2/2013, 3/2014 - so I am on the 4th ignition switch in this car, mileage now approx 108,000. The 4X4, stabilitrak, ABS and emergency brake lights come on then it beeps repeatedly. Sometimes concurrently, sometimes not the air blower stops working as well. This 3rd time, after the lights had been coming off/on for a few days, turning the blower on would trigger the lights to come on. For each of the 3 times, the GMC dealer has recommended replacement of the ignition switch (2X at my cost) on the most recent repair a voltage spike was acknowledged but the option to track this by installing inline fuses was not even offered until I had taken my issue to a higher authority. I declined as I don't care to put more money in a car that even one of the dealerships employees recommended I just sell and buy new. My concern is whether this car is a hazard to me and others? the service manager said when this occurs the ignition is essentially off and the car could stop but another person told me that no, it's another leg of the ignition and its okay. I don't know who to believe.....updated 08/12/14 updated 11/12/2014

- Cary, NC, USA

Feb 252011

Fuel gauge system stopped working creating a dangerous situation since you dont know when you can run out of gas particularly on a major highway.

- Old Bethpage, NY, USA

Dec 012009

I have had 2 problems with this vehicle. The first one was at 28000 miles, about 3 weeks after I bought the vehicle. The resistor for the heat/ac fan caught fire while I was driving at about 5 mph in heavy traffic. The fire went out on it's own by the time I had room to pull over (about 15-20 seconds). I was unable to get the part replaced right away so I had to drive around in cold and icy conditions without even being able to run the defroster. The second problem was that at about 32000 miles my gas gauge broke. I had just filled the tank and was driving at about 65 on the highway. The gas gauge needle dropped to empty and stayed there. I made sure that I was not leaking gasoline and continued on my way. It worked intermittently for a while but is now completely broken. When I fill up my tank the engine light comes on for the first 25-100 miles and the gauge reads empty with the fuel light on. I am uncomfortable with using the 4WD or towing very much because even though I keep track of miles driven these things eat up more fuel. I don't want to run out of gas in the middle of the road. I have not gotten it fixed because of the repair cost.

- Willits, CA, USA

Jan 122010

2006 GMC Envoy; replaced timing chain, failure of fuel pump, oil pump, electrical system driver's side door, washer fluid pump, tailgate latch failure and rear wash fluid line failure. Replaced or fixed all issues except, tailgate latch, rear washer fluid line, oil pump issue and SUV will not hold oil pressure.

- Gibsonia, PA, USA

Nov 012009

Check engine light accompanied by engine cut-off when cold weather since November 2009. Twice GMC dealership couldn't duplicate issue and no idea for check engine light. New development of fuel gauge failure each time of gas fill-up accompanied by fluctuating fuel level indicator. Clicking noise coming from gas pedal for 3 years with increasing frequency. Electrical system including gauges, speedometer, power steering noise, cruise control seem to be having issues. Dealership claims no recalls, but electrical issues appear to be common according to forums for GMC Envoy.

- Ashland, VA, USA