2.3

hardy worth mentioning

2007 GMC Envoy electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Envoy:

2007 GMC Envoy Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 202014

Envoy

To whom this may concern, on March 20th 2014 I was driving on a busy street when my 2007 GM Envoy stopped running, my gas tank was nearly full and my battery nearly new was reading 14 volts on the dash gauge, I was able to run off the street, nothing damaged, no warning lights showed up, it restarted back up with no problem, I was just getting on a busy highway I-70, the reason I am notifying you is if this happened minutes later I would of gotten run over by a other traffic, I drive this busy stretch of I-70 between St charles, Missouri and wentzville, Missouri, 40 miles a day during rush hour. Yes I will spend more time in the slow lane from now on. Thanks due to recent safety complaints of ignitions with other vehicles I was better prepared of what to do if this sort of thing happened being an owner of a GMC product.

- St Charles, MO, USA

Feb 032014

Envoy

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Envoy. While the vehicle was parked and unoccupied the contact noticed that his driver's side window was shattered and the door was melted. The contact climbed through the passenger side and also noticed that the inside of the drivers door was melted and charred. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for inspection or diagnosis. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the incident. The vehicle was remedied for recall NHTSA campaign number: 13V248000 (electrical system, visibility) in May 2013. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Larchmont, NY, USA

Sep 012010

Envoy

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, the tire pressure and air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The engine was leaking oil and all four tire pressure sensors failed. The failure recurred numerous times and the vehicle was taken to the dealer multiple times for repair. There were several repairs made to the vehicle including the replacement of the transmission slip yoke however, the failure persisted. The manufacturer was not notified of the defects. The approximate failure mileage was unavailable.

- Tinley Park , IL, USA

Feb 152013

Envoy 6-cyl

Power window & lock stop working intermittently.

- Janesville, WI, USA

Jun 102013

Envoy 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. Additionally, there was a burning odor in the vehicle. The contact was able to jump start the vehicle and take to it the dealer for diagnosis. The mechanic stated that the door module was melted and would have to be replaced. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 12V406000 (electrical system, visibility) but was advised by the manufacturer that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 116,000.

- Apopka, FL, USA

Jan 032013

Envoy 6-cyl

Got a recall notice October, 2012, about a safety defect in the drivers door switch module. In January 2013, on the way home from Florida, in a driving rain storm, the windows quit working. Of course the windows were down. Parked, spent the night after putting plastic on all the windows. Resumed my trip in the morning. All was fine until I got into Ohio where the temp. Was 14 degrees. Called randy wise GMC dealership and made an appointment for January 8, 2013 to have this fixed. Took my recall paper with me. They would not honor the recall because it wasn't an "active recall". paid them $477.92 to fix the problem. Called GMC customer assistance center where I was promised a reimbursement form. Never came. Called them back on 1/29/ 2013 when I learned no such paper would be mailed to me until April. Finally received my pay back papers on 4/22/2013. Immediately took the papers to randy wise GMC, Milan, mi and was promised my money would be forth coming! today's date is 5/9/2013 and still no money. Called GMC customer service again and was told they would look into this matter. It has been over four months now! is this the norm for recalls" can anyone there help me" don't know what else to do except hire a lawyer...

- Maybee, MI, USA

Nov 012012

Envoy

Contact owns a 2007 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that smoke emitted from the driver's door panel while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The failure was located at the door module. The manufacturer advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V406000 (electrical system, visibility). The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 42,000 and the current mileage was 44,000.

- West Orange, NJ, USA

Feb 092013

Envoy 6-cyl

I rolled my window down part way and it would not roll up. The window switch on the driver side which includes the door lock for that door did not work. My key fob would not work also. I have been having off and on problems with the window not working properly but it never did this. I had to drive 10 mile to my local auto mechanic and it all of a sudden worked. I took my vehicle back to my mechanic today 2/11/13 and he said I have a defective switch and that there is a recall on this vehicle for this problem. I contacted lunghammer GMC and they said my vehicle is not part of the recall. I would like to know what my options are because the dealership said I have to pay $105 for them to look at it and maybe we can get GM to do something.

- Commerce Twp, MI, USA

Feb 012013

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

2007 GMC Envoy. Consumer writes in regards to safety recall notice update problems. The consumer stated she received a recall notice in the mail. However, when she called GM, she was informed the notice was for an upcoming recall. As of December 20, 2012, there was no more information on the matter. A month later, the consumer called GM again, and she was then asked to explain the problem. The consumer stated she was having problems with the door locks, she was assigned a case number. Later in the evening, she received a call from GM, who stated the parts should be available in March.

- Knox, PA, USA

Dec 192012

Envoy

I have had my Envoy slt now for 2 years and since I've driven it, the check tire pressure is always on for my right rear tire always reads 0, my mirrors have a mind of there own, the heated seats don't always work and now my left directional doesn't work! got a letter stating there was a recall on the driverside door but no parts available! unhappy GMC Envoy driver not sure its such a safe SUV.

- Dracut, MA, USA

Dec 152012

Envoy 6-cyl

I tried to unlock my car doors with the key fob. All other doors unlocked except driver's side door. I manually unlocked it and noticed an odor that smelled "hot". I proceeded to turn on my car and try to roll the window down which suddenly would not work. The entire panel on the drivers side door would not function. I drove about.3 miles and my drivers side window started to go down and then it stopped it did this again and then the entire window went down and I heard a tiny "poof' and smoke started barreling out of the entire door panel. I immediately threw my car into park, turned it off, opened the door, jumped out and turned on the hazard lights. Called the fire department and by the time they arrived the smoke had gone away they tried to start it and it turned over very quickly, too quickly that the fireman made a comment about it. It would not start. Then he tried again and it would do nothing. Had it towed.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Oct 262012

Envoy 6-cyl

Filled gas tank and fuel gauge still reads empty.

- W. Norriton, PA, USA

Oct 062012

Envoy 6-cyl

Last Saturday my power window master switch melted in the middle of the night. I woke up Sunday morning with a smoky smell in my car. I took it to GMC to do a diagnostics test on it and they determined it was in fact the master power window switch. They told me that the component melted in the middle of the night.

- Santa Fe , NM, USA

Sep 202012

Envoy 6-cyl

My window switch controls and power door lock controls caught fire.

- Ludlow, VT, USA

Apr 272012

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that while reversing out of his residential garage, the driver side window malfunctioned. As a result, he was unable to close the window. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the driver side master control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 12V406000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was 113,008 and the current mileage was 121,000. Updated 10/3/12

- Shelton , CT, USA

May 102012

Envoy 6-cyl

While driving a neighborhood street in Maine, I first noticed my front, driver's side power window going up and down on its own. Then, white smoke started pouring from the power window controls. I pulled into a nearby driveway to pull the fuse, but it must have blown on its own because the window controls stopped working. I drove it straight to the dealership where the power window motor replacement was more than $500. Ouch! I'm just glad the entire car didn't burst into flames.

- Saco, ME, USA

Mar 232012

Envoy

The drivers door window switch got warm then stopped working, all other windows work with there switches. I am a body tech so I pull the switch out and found the it got so hot it melted. To my surprise it did not trip a breaker or blew a fuse.

- Lansing, MI, USA

Jan 172012

Envoy

The vehicle's fuel gauge went to full while driving down the road. It started moving all over the place and now goes to empty upon fill up at the gas station. The more you drive the more fuel it reads. The gauge floats all over the place and vehicle has now ran out of gas twice while driving down the road. GM was contacted and explained it is a known issue and at first offered no help. Upon talking to several 'managers' they agreed to cover 50% because they know there is a problem. The cost is still over $250 for the repair. Why does the owner have to cover the cost of a known problem part" why is GM not responsible for this"

- Monroe, MI, USA

Sep 172011

Envoy

I had been driving for about ten minutes when the security light on my instrument panel came on. This is the light indicating the passlock system had initiated. My steering wheel locked up so that I could not turn it at all, and the car began decelerating quickly on its own.

- North Richland Hills, TX, USA

May 022011

Envoy

The fuel gage stays on empty with the low fuel indicator light illuminated once you fill the vehicle to full and then the check engine light comes on, after several hours the fuel gage will move to the full mark and the check engine light may or may not go out. Leaving you unsure with the amount of fuel you have in vehicle. This occurs even after shutting the vehicle off and on.

- New Berlin, WI, USA