2.4

2007 GMC Envoy steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Envoy:

2007 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Feb 132015

Envoy

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Envoy. While driving approximately 35 mph, the power steering failed without warning. The steering wheel became extremely difficult to turn. The vehicle was driven to an independent mechanic, who replaced the power steering motor. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 87,000.

- Warwick, RI, USA

Jan 022015

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving my car and the wheel locked and my light service stability came on.

- Baltimore , MD, USA

Jun 062014

Envoy 6-cyl

I got into the truck to leave work shifted into reversed half way thru the turn the wheel locked up and truck shut off. I put in park and restarted no problem the next day same thing at a red light wheel lock needs to be restarted. It sounds like the same issues on the recall but my truck is not on the list.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Sep 172011

Envoy

I had been driving for about ten minutes when the security light on my instrument panel came on. This is the light indicating the passlock system had initiated. My steering wheel locked up so that I could not turn it at all, and the car began decelerating quickly on its own.

- North Richland Hills, TX, USA