2003 GMC Envoy XL body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy XL:

2003 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

Apr 192016

Envoy XL

The rear glass on the lift gate completely shattered/exploded while in garage. The car was stationary.

- North Richland Hills, TX, USA

Jul 222015

Envoy XL

I was in a mva July 22, 2015 I was tboned on the drivers side and the went headon with a light pole and my airbags never deployed. I had many problems with the electrical in the truck since I purchased the truck. It was an as is with no warranty and I wasnt given any knowledge of problems or recalls. I suffered extensive injuries to my body and my truck was a total loss $10000 in damages to the vehicle.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 282015

Envoy XL 4WD 6-cyl

The rear door closure on the passenger side flung open upon entering the on ramp for the highway. This vehicle now has two doors that will not latch, due to a manufacturing problem and recall. The dealership refuses to replace stating that the repair for the recall already took place, but has not...

- Rome, NY, USA

Jun 162014

Envoy XL

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that while inspecting the vehicle, he noticed that the rear doors were corroded which caused the doors not to latch. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacture was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 208,000.

- Green Springs , OH, USA

Dec 142012

Envoy XL 6-cyl

My 14 year old daughter and 11 year old son opened the rear glass hatch to grab a shopping bag out of the back. As the glass hatch opened it shattered spraying glass on both of them causing minor cuts to their face, hands scalp. I was just walking up to them with my 1 year old son and had glass flung onto us with no injuries.

- Laporte, MN, USA

Apr 112012

Envoy XL 6-cyl

Heavy clear coat and paint issues. Clear coat chipping, peeling and flaking off of paint, paint fading. The problem is severe, and happens in a very short amount of time.

- Mount Pleasant, IA, USA

Mar 032012

Envoy XL 6-cyl

We were driving on the road at 60 mph and the center high mount stop light assembly blew off. It was held on by the wires until we could get stopped and secure it.

- Warren, OH, USA

Jan 022012

Envoy XL 6-cyl

After unlocking and using the rear window glass multiple times daily, and twice earlier today, it exploded on the way up. This occurred within the first 1 inch of travel swinging up and rearward from being closed with very minimal manual force applied. The temperature today is 27deg.F, which is not the coldest use this vehicle has seen. There has not been any previous damage to the rear glass or gate, or anything in the rear of the vehicle. I write this at the advice of many online forum posts and complaints that I read through. I am hoping there is some time devoted by General Motors to finding a solution to this. I just had to ride home with wife and 4 kids shivering because of this. There seem to be hundreds of these spontaneous occurrences happening in all types of climates and conditions, which is what convinced me I need to share my incident to fuel the cause. Thank god everyone is ok. It was cold and my kids had their hoods up and were looking down when this happened. This could have been much worse.

- Eastpointe, MI, USA