1. replace with refurbished brain (1 reports)
2004 GMC Envoy XL electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy XL:

2004 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

Jul 102014

The damn envoy kept dying at intersections putting me and my child at serious risk when crossing a hwy so we had to go miles out of our way just to make sure we weren't at a hwy crossing when it died only to end up hit by someone at 60mph. what a hassle and waste of gas but it saved our lives, I'm sure. gm quoted me $1213 for a "new" brain/pcm only to find out later on when looking at the receipt that is was not new but refurbished. Beware... if your envoy needs one of these, get it traded in or sold asap!!!!! once the brain has been replaced you can expect all kinds of electrical problems to start happening. I've had 3 sensors and other misc. electrical problems go wrong in just the past 8 days since the brain was replaced. Apparently when it starts getting the power to those sensors, from the brain that has been compromised for however long its been acting up, without any sign of problem, they start to blow when they get the full power load they were supposed to have all along.Its pretty sad to find out that gm knows these problems exist so often that they have went to the extent of programming all replacement brain/pcm's to compensate for the extremely tight wiring harness & the humidity that builds up which causes a lot of the catastrophic failures. Instead of trying to compensate the computer to manage these problems, why don't they recall them & fix the damn things!!!!! being a life long gm owner i am disappointed that gm hasn't recalled these piles of stinking crap! Never will I buy another gm product! Look out toyota here I come!

- , Vancouver, WA, USA