2004 GMC Envoy XL electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy XL:

2004 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Dec 112006

Envoy XL

Speedometer began acting up a few months ago and now it's constantly acting up. Sometimes it shows me going faster than actual and sometimes it shows me going slower than actual and sometimes it just sits below zero and doesn't move at all. Now the oil pressure gauge stopped working. It reads all the way past 80 and doesn't even move when I turn the vehicle off. I do not trust any of my gauges now. I cannot be assured that any of them are reading correctly.

- Crestview, FM, USA

Apr 062005

Envoy XL 4WD 6-cyl

Envoy not shifting properly, sounds like it is dragging, had it checked out, the dealer could not replicate problem. Now when the difficulty starts the ABS light, the brake and emergency brake light along with the 4WD light all come on, the blowers do not function when all the warning lights are on, nor does the air conditioning and or cruise control. I took it back to the dealership with all the problems active, initially they told me that it had 43,000 miles, it was out of warranty, but then a pi report suddenly came out so we will see if I end up paying. They did tell me however that they have a trail Blazer in with the exact same problem and it took them 8 days to figure it out and that I would not be getting a loaner since I am out of warranty. I should also mention that the computer was replaced at 27,000 miles.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Apr 302004

Envoy XL 4WD 6-cyl

No heat in rear of Envoy GMC has no repair.

- Westtwon, NY, USA