2004 GMC Envoy XL engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy XL:

2004 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

Dec 012014

Envoy XL Envoy XL V6

We've replaced the throttle body twice and the gas pedal (due to the sensor behind it) and light still comes on and basically vehicle stops. This is a SAFETY issue - you get no warning - just as soon as the light comes on the vehicle loses power - not just reduced power - but loses all power. I know other drivers are having this issue because I can see the complaints online. Everyone appears to have tried and changed the same parts I have and still have issues. I'm not able to trust it because of this - it's been really good vehicle for me - was hoping to keep it another three years.

- , Houston, TX, USA