7.3

1995 GMC Jimmy engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 GMC Jimmy:

1995 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Oct 212007

Jimmy SLS 4.3L V6

Just bought Jimmy. Had it towed three times so far, from stalling on road and not starting at all sometimes! Service code comes up for misfiring but thats it! And spark plugs and wires are fine. Getting plenty of fuel. Not sure of cause. Heard about these problems with these models. DONT BUY ONE WITH HIGH MILES ON ENGINE!

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Mar 072007

Jimmy 4.3

My GMC has new fuel pump, new distributor, new tps, new mass air flow, everything from the fuel tank to the intake injectors were replaced 2006 with exception of the fuel filter. I'm also not getting trouble codes just code 12 some times when it stops running i smell gas but i don't have any leaks..

- , Mannington, W. V, USA

Sep 222004

Jimmy

I cannont figure out what the problem is, differnt people tell me different things. We have a new engine with only 30000 miles on it in there and the stupid thing wont start right. I have to crank it to get it to start up and when it does, a huge smoke cloud engulfs me. I got a pretty good price on it so I don't mind fixing it if I could get someone to tell me what is wrong with it. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

- , West Lafayette, IN, USA