1998 GMC Jimmy accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 GMC Jimmy:

1998 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Nov 011998

Jimmy 4WD

Your form would not allow me to correctly fill out the information for my problems. The car can be off or running at any speed for me to have lock problems. I first noticed the problems shortly after I bought the car and they have continued for over two years in spite of the dealer having repeatedly tried to fix the problems. All my door and rear hatch locks have failed hundreds of times in spite of my returning the car to the dealership many times. The hatch can pop open if I merely close another door. It can pop open if I am driving down the road. Frequently when I am driving the locks will pop back open if I try to lock them.the locks fail many times when the car is running in spite of my having taken the car to the dealership many times and the dealer having tried to fix it many times. The dealer does not appear capable of fixing the locks. Supposedly the rear hatch lock has been changed several times but it still pops open on its own.

- Birmingham, AL, USA