1998 GMC Jimmy steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 GMC Jimmy:

1998 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Feb 212006

Jimmy 4WD

The engine continually misfires. There is a tsb bulletin #00-06-04-003B. Deposit buildup on popped valve ball &/or seat, causing it to stick. There is a recall because of this but only in California. I live in Alaska. I got an estimate of $1200 bucks to fix this problem. Because of this, I only get 5-7 mpg, and have little power. Also, my ABS light turns on and the ABS activates at low speeds on dry ground. My electrical system is totally messed up. My right clicker just the sound not light) goes off when driving. It is completely erratic and unpredictable. My speakers turn off and on sporadically. My driver side seat adjuster broke off with little pressure. My steering wheel continuously pulls to the right. This many problems in a vehicle is ridiculous. What a lemon. Especially since I have seen the same exact complaints all over this sight about this specific vehicle.

- Kodiak, AK, USA

Nov 282001

Jimmy 4WD

Steering problem; also, current too many systems of the vehicle.

- Northfield, NJ, USA

Apr 131999

Jimmy 4WD

When you let go of steering wheel, car goes immediately right. The first time the dealer did a wheel alignment and it was okay for a while but then it did it again and we took it back. The second time we took it back to dealer they charged us for a wheel alignment and said we had "curbed" the vehicle but we had not. Now it is doing the same thing again and we do not want to have to pay for another wheel alignment.

- Fairfield, OH, USA

Dec 211998

Jimmy 4WD

Steering wheel pulls drastically to the right, can not take hands off steering wheel or the car will run off the road.

- Wrentham, MA, USA