1. replace fuel pump (1 reports)
1999 GMC Jimmy fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 GMC Jimmy:

1999 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Jun 022006

Jimmy

I went out to start the car while i was visiting my mother and it would start turn over or anything. I freaked out. it had been spitting and sputtering before that so we replaced the fuel filter, apparently that had not helped. We called several places the dealership told me that the fuel pump alone would cost over 600$ to replace THE CAR WOULD NOT RUN WITHOUT IT so my dad and i went to a selvage yard and bought one for 150$ and put it in ourselves I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS AT ALL there are small pieces that can be broken very easily and now that old pump is going out too.

- , East Jordan, MI, USA