2.7

2000 GMC Jimmy fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 GMC Jimmy:

2000 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Sep 012007

Jimmy

The contact owns a 2000 GMC Jimmy. The contact stated that the spider port injector was leaking gasoline between the firewall and the engine. There was a recall for the previous year, make, and model vehicle, but not for the 2000 Jimmy. The contact smelled gasoline in the vehicle and took it to a personal mechanic. The dealer stated that gasoline leakage was a common failure. The contact feels that this is very unsafe due to the fact that gasoline leaking on a hot engine may cause a fire. The failure was noticed while driving 25 mph. The current mileage was 115,000 and failure mileage was 93,000.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Jun 202008

Jimmy

I continue to have constant problems with my 2000 GMC Jimmy. First thing that happened was the gas gauge just started messing up. Giving false reading. I ran out of fuel two times because the gas gauge showed I had half of tank of gas and apparently it was empty. Leaving me sitting on the side of the road way out in the country. The second time this happened it cost me my current job. My employer did not believe that my gas gage would give such false readings!

- Alexander, AR, USA

Dec 132006

Jimmy 4WD 4-cyl Diesel

- the contact owns a 2000 GMC Jimmy. The vehicle vibrated loudly when being started. The repair shop replaced the wheel cylinder for a third time. Also, the fuel sensor needed to be replaced. The failure mileage was 78,000 and the current mileage was 87,000.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Feb 062006

Jimmy

The gas gauge does not work once the amount of gas is below half a tank. I have a GMC 2000 model. There are many complaints about this on the internet, yet no recall. The gas needle either sticks, bounces around or shows a full tank when empty. I never know how much gas I have or if I will end up stranded on the road at night. I guess if someone has a deadly accident due to their vehicle cutting off due to an empty fuel tank with a gauge reading full in high speed traffic, someone will look at this widespread problem then. I hope that I am not that person.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Jul 152005

Jimmy 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

Was driving down highway all of a sudden ran out of gas, car behind me almost hit me because I slowed all of a sudden, gas gauge showed I had half tank, gas gauge bounces back and forth, it was a bad fuel sensor, I feel it is a safety issue because consumer is not aware how much gas they have and could cause an accident if they run out all of sudden.

- North Branch, MI, USA

Apr 082003

Jimmy 6-cyl

I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy with 49500 miles. My gas gauge started to malfunction, and was displaying inaccurate readings. I was quite concerned since this was a fuel related problem. It turns out an electrical component in the fuel sending unit GM part number 25314231 had failed. From what I was told by the GM dealer, this component is submerged in the gas tank of the vehicle. I am reporting this to you for investigation as a possible safety related issue.

- Clinton Twp., MI, USA

Jun 292001

Jimmy 4WD

When driving, windshield wipers are needed, and windshield wipers are smearing up the center portion of windshield, causing poor driver's visibility. Consumer has contatced dealer. Dealer has replaced blade and arms on five different occasions, problem still occurs. There is a gap in the rear tailgate window, however it can not be adjusted because the hinges are welded in place by a robot. Vehicle experiences poor gas mileage, however dealer stated this was normal.

- Williamsville, NY, USA