6.0

2001 GMC Jimmy brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Jimmy:

2001 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Feb 012015

Jimmy XLE Vortec 4300

While driving home at 55 mph about 30 minutes into the trip, the ABS light came on and after a few minutes the parking brake light came on and the parking brakes activated, slowing the car. Then the parking brake light went out and the parking brake released, and this scenario repeated again and again for about 10 minutes. After a while, the parking brake went off and stayed off but the ABS light is still on.

This happened about 11 PM on a sparsely traveled road about 5 miles from where we live and I wanted to get home instead being stranded on the road at that time of the night. If I were in heavy traffic on a highway doing 70 MPH and my car suddenly braked without the brake lights warning the drivers behind me there is a good chance of a rear end collision and it would be my fault . Frustrated again

- , Heron, MT, USA