6.3

2001 GMC Jimmy cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Jimmy:

2001 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Jul 202006

Vehicle continuously overheated.

- Ewing, NJ, USA

Oct 212003

Jimmy 6-cyl

My vehicle has two problems that I am aware of. There's heat coming from the floor heater while the heater is off, and it burns my feet. The other problem is that when I activate my left/right blinker my day lights go out, and sometimes when I'm driving my day lights are not activated. I have to play with my blinkers to make then come on. My car is still under warranty, but the dealership where I purchased this vehicle refuses to fix either problem. They told me that my car is designed this way.

- Martinez, CA, USA

Oct 112003

Jimmy 6-cyl

Problems with my 2001 GMC Jimmy have been numerous including ignition switch, wheel bearings, clanking noise, roaring noise, windshield wiper failure, windshield wiper hose failure, battery, A/C, and so on. Currently, my vehicle clanks approximately 15 minutes after turning off the engine and my A/C does not work properly at all times. Dealership consistently says "there's nothing wrong" however I have had the vehicle for 2+ years and I know my car.

- Lutz, FL, USA

May 092003

Jimmy 4WD 6-cyl

Vehicle only had approximately 37,000 miles on it and the wheel bearing and thermostat went out.

- Falls Creek, PA, USA