2. replace cluster and reprogramm (1 reports)
2005 GMC Sierra electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 GMC Sierra:

2005 GMC Sierra Owner Comments

Jan 312012

Speed odometer was all over the map, probably the reasons for my speeding tickets. Thinking about Dodges for the next vehicle.

- , Denver, CO, USA

Apr 152010

Sierra 1500 5.3L

Problem only occurs on occasion, not worth labor and repair to fix as I am currently unemployed. My girlfriend has a 2003 Tahoe whose speedometer consistently reads 40mph+ actual speed.

- , Nakina, NC, USA

Jun 012008

Sierra 2500 6.6L Diesel

I have heard through other web sites the problem was recalled from factory if vehicle had less than 80,000 miles. I bought my truck used with 81,000 miles and 1 month after purchase the speedometer quit working with local mechanics saying it would cost $350- $400 to fix problem, some say as much as $500

- , Manhattan, IL, USA

Nov 062009

I have heard that there is a class action lawsuit against gmc. I would like more info to join in the case.

- , Quincy, FL, USA