1998 GMC Sierra 1500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 GMC Sierra 1500:

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Sep 162008

Sierra 1500 1500 Extended Cab

After having my truck sit over night, when I start it up and hit the gas to go, the engine will start knocking and then completely shut off leaving me rolling, without power steering, down the street. I stop the truck, park it, and start it up again, and it will be fine until i sit at a stop light for too long, and then it will repeat itself. One dangerous encounter I had was when I was pulling out of my neighborhood. It died right as I pulled onto the REALLY busy road that has a 55mph speed limit. I had to stop it, park it, and start it up again before a car rammed into me. I tried replacing the fuel filter because I though it was a fuel system problem. It still has the same problem. I'm going to try to replace the fuel pressure regulator next....

- , Columbia, SC, USA