2001 GMC Sierra 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Sierra 1500:

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 012011

Sierra 1500

I own a 2001 GMC Sierra 1500. I have always taken exceptional care of my vehicle. The motor has always had a knock when you start it, which devalues the truck & it also has always used oil. The rack & pinion has started leaking. I have always owned a truck & have never had a rack & pinion go out let alone at 152000 also is losing antifreeze but there are no leaks. The fuel gauge has never worked properly, now its also flashes low coolant light when its not low. I have seen numerous complaints on line concerning these same issues & lawsuits. I do not feel the consumer should be having to foot these bills. I have called GM about my concerns & they say there is nothing they can do. What can we do to get a recall for all these problems. My truck is one of the ones that have dex-cool antifreeze.

- Sulphur Springs, TX, USA