2002 GMC Sierra 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 GMC Sierra 1500:

2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 152007

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3

I have a 2002 GMC with a vortec 5300 v8, The last two times I have got my oil changed the oil looked thick. And I have been losing a little coolant, in the last few weeks my coolant light is starting to come on often .

I change the oil just before it has 3,000 miles on it every time. Saturday I had the oil changed again and the guy said it looks like I have water in the oil. I have noticed that my oil pressure goes from 50 down to 35 in just a few days after an oil change. The truck will be 5 years old in June and it has 67000 miles on it. The question is do any of you know if my warranty is still good on a gas motor. A buddy told me he thinks that its still good for 5 years and 100000 miles.

I can't find that in my book. Could someone PLEASE let me know? Also do you think it might be a head gasket or maybe the aluminum heads? I have been told that's what kind of heads they came with. Thanks a lot for any information

- , Shreveport, LA, USA