2.3

2002 GMC Sierra 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 GMC Sierra 1500:

2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 012015

Sierra 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The brake lines are rusted so badly it will not pass it's next va state inspection. This truck has only been driven 74000 miles. Can this be normal? I am a disabled vet with limited income and can not afford the cost of replacement. There is also more than normal rust of the suspension and other parts under the body. I believe this has gone on too long and a recall is necessary.

- South Chesterfield, VA, USA

Nov 012012

Sierra 1500

While driving home, someone pulled out in front of me. I applied the brakes and the pedal went straight to the floor. I managed to avoid a collision and made it home as this happened luckily around the corner from my house. I looked for the problem, it didn't take long as under the hood the frame was covered with brake fluid. I was amazed to find that one of the metal brake line had rusted through and the others don't look to be in very good condition. Needless to say I will be replacing all the brake lines with stainless steel lines (a cost of $350). I can't imagine why stainless steel lines are not original equipment. Rust seems to be a problem with this vehicle not only the brake lines but also parts of the suspension.

- Burlington, NJ, USA