8.0

2. repacement (2 reports)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Sierra 1500:

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 222009

Sierra 1500 SLE V8

The instrument cluster in my GMC went crazy. First the speed indicator went from 0 mph to 70 mph when starting, then when put in drive it went to 110 mph. Then it fell down to 0 mph and suddenly flipped over to 120 mph where it has been since. Furthermore, the RPM gauge failed shortly afterwards. Called the dealership where I purchased my truck and was told I need to have the instrument panel replaced and it would cost around $900. The guy at Crown Buick even told me that this is a common problem on these trucks and that GM is aware of it and refuses to issue a recall because of the money they make when customers pay for the repairs. All I can say is come on GM make this right and issue the recall. This is not safe when you have no clue of the speed you are traveling.

- , Chalmette, LA, USA

Feb 252010

Sierra 1500 5.3L

This is a manufacture problem. It should not fail and it has. The company needs to replace this part at there cost not mine as it is needed to be safe on the road and follow all speed limits.

- , Belmont, NH, USA

Nov 232009

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8

Shortly after buying this truck, used, the battery meter went wacko. It went all the way to the bottom, just like it broke off, then it worked the next day. Well, about a month later, the RPM gauge stopped working, and the battery meter doesn't work at all. Went to a Chevy dealership and they told us that if we installed it ourselves, they would charge us a $900 core charge on top of the price of the $400 instrument panel. So we are going to take it to the place where we got it from (a used car dealer) because they are easier to work with, and aren't out to always get our money.

- , Bryant Pond, ME, USA

Aug 062009

Sierra 1500

The speedometer has failed in my 2003 Sierra 1500. This is occurring in many year models. GMC must fix this!

- , Rock Hill, SC, USA