2. replace bumpers (1 reports)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Sierra 1500:

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 222004

Sierra 1500 SLE 6.0L V8

Every GMC I see has the same problem from Vermont to California.

- , Bakersfield, VT, USA

Aug 232003

Sierra 1500 SLE

We purchased a brand new 2003 sierra 4 days before Christmas in 2002.

When the snow started to disappear in April of 2003 we noticed that both the rear bumper and the front bumper of the truck were rusting out.

At this point the truck was only 4 months old!! We were very upset and even more upset after we reported this to the dealer and they told us that there was nothing they could do about the problem. GM had recognized the problem and sent a memo to all their dealers instructing them not to replace the bumper. I have tried to complain to various different levels of people at GM but always receive the same response, "there is nothing we can do about it, you will have to wait until we come up with a fix". In the meantime I am expected to drive around and make payments on a brand new truck that is rusting out!!

I am not happy at all about this and I am now exploring the options of selling the truck. GM sells you a product but then won't stand behind the quality of their vehicles. Extremely disappointing.

- , Woodstock, ONtario, Canada