1. new u-joints (1 reports)
2004 GMC Sierra 1500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Sierra 1500:

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

May 182012

Sierra 1500 SLE 4.8L

Okay, 1st, I bought the truck used w/ 112,000 mi's in 08. It is now 5-22-12 & i have approx 150,000 mi's.

After having the 3rd transfer case put in this truck, 2 weeks later, I'm hearing grumbling noises. I drive w/ the mechanic, & he hears it. He puts it on the lift & points out some loose prts in the u-joint. He says lets do all the u-joints while were at it. I pick up the truck, & at

25mph, the truck is making a loud vibration noise. I'm amazed the mechanic didn't drive the vehicle after the so called $560.00 repair. Now I'm w/out vehicle for 3 more days, & mechanic is going to replace a rear yoke carrier for drivelines. he doesn't know if this will fix problem. My checkbook is taking a huge hit at this repair place, & i'm not sure if all the repairs done were necessary. Someone please guide me out of this one. I will leave other complaints about the previous repairs.

- , Carbondale, Co, USA