2004 GMC Sierra 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Sierra 1500:

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 102009

Sierra 1500

I purchased Bridgestone dueler alenza hl tires at 42509 on 06/10/2009 and on 04/10/2011 I had a slow leak and went to Bridgestone dealer for repair but noticed cracking in tread. I was told this was normal! in May 2013 my mechanic said this cracking was dry rot and I verified with other tire dealer truck had 70693 mile. This is a 65000 mile tire and I only had 14000 miles before cracking started- this is a safety hazard. I did not go back to Bridgestone dealer because I was given inaccurate info and I bought Michelin instead. I called Bridgestone and they told me there was nothing they could do and "have a nice day."!!!! good luck if you buy these!

- Fairfield, OH, USA

May 142010

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Tire separation.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 022007

Sierra 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Driving on freeway at speed limit of 75 mph on rural freeway when right rear tire separated and blew. There was nothing the driver hit or ran over. It just blew out almost causing a very bad accident.

- Longmont, CO, USA

Jul 152006

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

I bought new GMC sierrra in mid 2004, truck equipped with Goodyear Wrangler St. Truck exhibits very poor wet traction and excessive tire wear. When tire was approximately at 18,000 miles had serious spin out on I75 South of tampa in lite rainy condition. Since then noticed tire spin on slightest wet roads, even has trouble pulling out of car washes. This is dangerous tire and should not be instilled on large vehicles. Tire is down to wear marks and only has 28000 miles. Tires have been rotated and maintained only by GM dealers. Goodyear dealer states this tire should not have been installed on full size trucks, it will wear excessively and may lead to blowout. Dealership won't do anything and Goodyear states it is not covered by warranty because it was original equipment installed by manufacturer.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Apr 142004

Sierra 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I purchased a new 2004 GMC in febuary 04 and it keeps wearing the front tires to excess and the dealer keeps telling me that's normal for a four wheel drive, ,bull the tires are Bridgestone dueler 265/R70/17 andthe truck. Is a 1500 GMC serria, I maintain my equipment and keep a close eye for problems and I can see someone who does not with tire failure and accidents, I have look at the same moldel and they too have the same problem with front tire wear.

- Parkersburg, WV, USA