2005 GMC Sierra 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 GMC Sierra 1500:

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 152013

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the ABS engaged without manual force as the ABS light illuminated. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 54,000.

- Franksville, WI, USA

May 212013

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Looked under my truck after my brakes failed while driving to work. Was surprised at how rusty all the lines are. Aaa towed my truck home. I spent the next 3 days replacing brake lines. Now I noticed the lines from the master cylinder are rusty as well. Now I will have to replace those as well. I've never had brake lines rust out like these have. My wife drives a little 1999 escort and the brake lines on that are fine. What the heck this is all the use you can expect on a GMC Sierra?

- Vineland , NJ, USA

Mar 142013

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Driving the truck on driveway while plowing. Brakes failed due to rotten brake lines causing truck to slide off driveway into an embankment. Need to be towed out of revine & to mechanic.

- Carmel, NY, USA

Feb 252013

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that while exiting a residential driveway, the brakes failed. The vehicle was towed to a local mechanic where the contact was informed that the steel brake lines and the calipers were severely rusted and would need to be replaced. The contact was also informed that the front driver's side brake lines were ruptured, due to the severity of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 67,772.

- Srpingboil, OH, USA

Feb 012013

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that while driving 15 mph, the brake lines fractured due to corrosion. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 96,146.

- Sevierville, TN, USA

Nov 012012

Sierra 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Three months prior I lost power steering because of a metal line leak. Then coming up on traffic I'm applying the brakes and the pedal went to the floor, luckily I was able to pull onto the shoulder of the road to avoid an accident. Had I not been able to pull on the shoulder my GMC would have slammed the vehicle in front of me and would have pushed that vehicle into the car in front of that one. Have not gotten the truck back from the shop yet but I could see brake fluid leaking from a metal brake line. 2005 GMC 88,000 miles this is my first GMC and my last. I think all GMC products should be recalled and fixed!!

- Saylorsburg, PA, USA

Aug 192012

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

As I was leaving home my home and approaching stop sign, my brakes gave out. I located an area near the rear left axle where the brake line was corroded and burst. Inspection of the brake lines shows extensive corrosion along the entire lines.

- Saint Johns, FL, USA

Jun 172012

Sierra 1500 4WD 8-cyl

While applying the brake to shift into drive, the brake pedal "went to the floor". pumped braes once and still no pressure. Was able to hear the leak under the driver side and brake fluid was obvious under the truck. Investigation revealed the one of the lines rusted through at the plastic clip to secure it to the frame near the drivers side floor board.

- Shickshinny, PA, USA