2011 GMC Sierra 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Sierra 1500:

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Sep 142016

Sierra 1500

I purchased a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 in non. Of 2014. The dash board is now cracking. It initially started by the passenger side airbag and now there is a crack over the instrument panel as well as one starting over the gauges. I have seen several complaints about this and it is a definite safety hazard due to an accident would deploy the airbags sending shards of the dash board flying directly into the passengers of the vehicle.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Aug 082016

Sierra 1500

There is a 4" stress crack in the dashboard just head of the gauge cluster which developed a week ago. My concern is two fold 1) the crack will increase in size reducing the value of the vehicle, 2) in a impact situation, the structural integrity of the dash may be compromised allowing pieces of plastic to become projectiles, possibly damaging occupants or deflating the airbags thereby reducing there effectiveness in a crash.

- Estell Manor, NJ, USA

May 122016

Sierra 1500

Dashboard is cracked directly adjacent to the air bag, I am concerned that plastic pieces of dashboard will become dangerous flying objects in the event of an impact that deploys the airbag. I have been talking with GM and the local dealership for months now and they will not accept responsibility. This is a continuing safety issue experienced by GMC Sierra owners

- Pleasanton, CA, USA

Feb 102012

Sierra 1500

Brought to dealership for many issues, one of which was the side molding starting to come off on all 4 doors, they had to order and paint the moldings so iu return over a holiday weekend for them to repair. When I showed up, they had only done one side and it was crooked, and not the side that was worse. That was 2012 after one year, they soon came off in 2014 curling off the truck, the replaced ones, I took care of the other two and they looked great.

- Monrovia, CA, USA

Sep 192015

Sierra 1500

Dashboard cracking above the instrument cluster as well as along the passenger airbag. The cracks grow with every crack in the roadway and are seemingly not able to be patched as they glue they use just wears off from the dealership.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Mar 012016

Sierra 1500

My truck has developed a crack on the dash, starting at the top left-hand corner of the front passenger airbag. It has cracked entirely through to the dash trim piece roughly 3-4 inches away. Not only is it a tremendous eye-sore, that most of my passengers notice and comment on... but has me extremely worried about safety. If this vehicle were to be in a collision and the airbag is deployed, I am sure that fragments of plastic would be propelled through the interior of the vehicle as the airbag fired. I have contacted my local dealership, and they state it is not covered, and have quoted me a repair cost of just over $1,000. This defect in the dash piece seems to be a recurring incident in a lot of 2007-2013 GM trucks. My dash pops and creaks while driving, and I can't afford the insane replacement costs associated with this repair. GM needs to take a closer look at this situation.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

May 032016

Sierra 1500

The dash board has a crack by the passenger side airbag and a rack on the driver side. It also seems to be caving in. I am afraid that the airbag will go off at anytime or will not go off at all.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Aug 292014

Sierra 1500

I was driving down the interstate at 65 mph and heard a pop. I looked over and my dashboard had cracked right next to the airbag. On a non related instance my engine is now making a ticking noise that I will be taking to a dealer to check out.

- Elizabethtown, KY, USA

Oct 082011

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated upon engaging the emergency brake and releasing it, the hood latch opened independently. The vehicle was to be inspected by an authorized dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Petaluma, CA, USA