2011 GMC Sierra 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Sierra 1500:

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 162016

Sierra 1500

Something is wrong with the electrical system. All my door locks repeatedly lock and unlock, all my emergency checks and service light go on and off, my gauges all drop to zero, and most recently my vehicle has shut down while I'm driving it. But it happens randomly. Sometimes it's worse than others. I recently had to steer up onto a curb because I was driving and my gauges dropped to zero and my engine completely cut out. And that was after my airbags shut off and my lights and door locks flickered repeatedly. Maybe there's a short in a circuit or wire or maybe it's my alternator but services at a dealership are having a difficult time finding it. And al these things happen whether I'm driving or stationary. Rain or dry. Doesn't matter. But it's clearly unsafe. And I have no choice but to drive it because it's my only means for transportation.

- Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA

[an error occurred while processing this directive]