2011 GMC Sierra 1500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Sierra 1500:

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 302016

Sierra 1500

The throttle body and pedal chip went bad causing a rough running engine, loss of power, check engine light, and loss of traction control. Mechanic stated he's been replacing 5-12 a month on the same engine (5.3 liter V8). Other models are supposedly under recall. Repairs cost in excess of $500.

- West Newton, PA, USA

Mar 012015

Sierra 1500

Pulling out of a snow covered parking lot the engine light came on dic then the message, reduced engine power, the engine began to run very rough at a lower idle speed, as began to happen the truck lurched forward and I had to press hard on the brakes very hard like I was fighting the engine speed to slow, then the message changed to service traction control, I had no control over the gas pedal and could only move at about 5mph, then the message changed to service stabilitrak, I got to another area of the parking lot, parked and shut off the engine for a few minutes and the issue would not go away. I was more than two hours from my home. I removed the red battery cable then replaced it and was able to start the engine and it operated normally for a while. One and a half hours later while driving 60mph it happened again and I cost off the interstate and could not get it running again. Had to be towed to a dealership. They said there was a service bulletin to replace the throttle body but want to charge me $215 to clean the other fuel related parts. This needs to be a recall. If it was a recall I would not have to pay $215 to complete the work properly.

- Louisville, CO, USA

Nov 012013

Sierra 1500

Noticed one morning when starting up my truck the valves were tapping. Like out of adjustment. My 5.3 is roller lifters so I was surprised. Took it to dealer and was told that GM had a recall on Cadillac, Chevy and GMC 5.3 and 6.2 engines with defective lifters. Dealer replaced the lifters. Took a week. When I picked up truck service adviser told me to expect to come back around 60K for a new camshaft. Now what!

- Naples, FL, USA

Jan 032014

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Went about a mile was getting ready to make a left across md rt 4 when I lost power and reduced engine power light came, had a close call, on did some research and found a technical notice about throttle body and injector sensors they need a recall.

- Arlington, VA, USA