2011 GMC Sierra 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Sierra 1500:

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 122015

Sierra 1500

While driving 50 mph. With out notice, the front passenger tire exploded. Checking the tire shows in middle of tread the tires steel belt just blew and popped out of the tread. Tho there is high mileage on the tires the tread wear is still very good. No damage to side wall and nothing was hit on roadway. Tire just exploded with out notice. The gap is across the entire width of tread approx 6 inches.

- Armada, MI, USA

Nov 252010

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Oem tires have extremely poor wet pavement traction. First incident occurred less than 30 days after purchasing the vehicle. It had rained heavily for an extended time that day and continuing moderately into the evening. Approaching the intersection where I intended to make a turn onto a side street, I began slowing to what I considered a safe and prudent speed given the road conditions. Upon applying the brakes the vehicle could not be stopped resulting in sliding completely straight through the intersection, luckily on a green signal light, and with no other traffic in my path. Realizing I was not slowing sufficiently to negotiate the turn, I did not attempt to turn the steering wheel and continued down the same street to a safe area to turn around and return to the street I intended to turn onto. Second incident, again on wet pavement, was after making a complete stop at a traffic light controlled intersection. When the signal light changed to green, I started negotiating a left turn. Approximately half way through the intersection, at a speed of less than 10 mph, rear tires lost traction and the rear of the vehicle tried to swap ends. Needless to say, my wife yelled at me to stop doing whatever it was that I did to cause such action, to which I replied. I did not do anything other than start moving forward at a slow pace and was just as surprised as she was by the behavior of the vehicle.

- Tyler, TX, USA