3.8

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 GMC Sierra 1500:

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Sep 182016

Sierra 1500

2013 GMC siera15004wd it has been garage kept and hand washed! the dash is cracked over the steri G wheel and the passengers side airbag! this can't be safe! not to mention it just turned to 40000 miles! and! the paint will chip off if so much as a fly hits it! and the paint on the roof has bubbles it! and they say it's hail damage! reallly on just that part of the truck? I will never purchase another GMC ( although me and my husband purchased 2 new ones within 6 months) they are cheaply made and expensive to buy! they should be banned from selling such junk! and they made the mo ey now they are double dipping maki G all these people fix these wretched dashes on new vechicles! shame on you!! and when your bankrupt from injuries due to your negligence it will be a blessing!!!

- Hernando, MS, USA

Jul 152016

Sierra 1500

Dash broke at the air bag, if it was to deploy will send sharp pieces of plastic at the driver and passenger.

- Porter, TX, USA

Jul 282016

Sierra 1500

I have a couple cracks on my dashboard around the passenger airbag. I asked the dealer to replace it for free. They want to charge me 300 dollars.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

Aug 192016

Sierra 1500

Dashboard cracked could affect air bag when deployed

- Katy, TX, USA

Jun 242016

Sierra 1500

Cracked dashboard the dashboard of my GMC Sierra as a vertical crack running directly next to the passenger side airbag. This happened suddenly while at a stand still. My concerns is what happens should my truck endure a crash. I worry that the broken dashboard could interfere with the performance of my airbag.

- Cypress, TX, USA

May 012016

Sierra 1500

Door locks and horn cycle anytime with or without key. Parked or driving.

- Oakfield, NY, USA

Jul 271922

Sierra 1500

The dash formed a crack starting from the passenger airbag overnight. It continues to grow daily. I am worried if the airbag was to deploy it would cause the dash to break, shooting pieces throughout the truck.

- Gonzales, LA, USA

Apr 012016

Sierra 1500

The dashboard suddenly cracked near the passenger side airbag. It appears to be in the corner of the airbag where, if deployed could possibly damage the airbag causing a malfunction which could result in serious injury or death. As of now, I am not aware of any recalls for this however, I have found an article where GM is not claiming responsibility for cracked dashboards.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Mar 252016

Sierra 1500

Cracked dashboard top left corner of passenger airbag.

- North Miami Beach, FL, USA

Aug 012013

Sierra 1500

Passenger and back seat in the crew cab are coming off of the brackets. I took my car to dealership and they could find a problem. I ggogled problem and there are many customers with the same issues. The seats are coming away frombthe clamps or bracket to hold the seats secure. This is unsafe. I have a rattling andbclick clacking sound while drive in motion over rough roads or bumps.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA