5.8

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500:

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 252016

Sierra 1500

There truly is no accident at this time. However... if this condition isn't corrected, there will be accidents. These may result in not only loss of life or property, but possible criminal prosecution. The issue: The projector headlamp design of the 2014 GMC Sierra is extremely subpar for lighting the roadway ahead of you. Individuals, in order to not "outdrive" their lights, would probably have to go below posted minimum speed limits on highways, presenting yet another issue for the driver as well as those who would approach from the rear in nighttime driving conditions. I contacted GMC... aware of the issue. No help at this time. I got the impression from the operator that "not enough people have filed complaints." I'm guessing that when the catastrophic and tragic happens, it will not matter that not enough people filed complaints... officially. Slight research on the internet will show many individuals complaining about the issue. But GMC's admission that they are "aware" but are taking no action at this point is very disturbing. I would have thought that design issues would have had to be cleared by an oversight Agency of some sort" I just discovered the extremely scary feeling of "driving in the dark"... basically... after having my truck since thanksgiving. But I drive mostly in the daylight, and have been on interstate 20 in one of the busiest sections with traffic at night... not realizing how much others' lights were helping. When driving alone on a rural road, however, it is tantamount to driving with a flashlight when it comes to safety. I am wanting to trust that the Agency tasked with safety will please look into this issue? before someone or multiples lose their lives and lawsuits ensue"

- Plainville, CT, USA

May 102016

Sierra 1500

Not bright enough. It is not safe to drive dark countryside roads. No side visibility at all. I almost hit a cow.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Feb 242016

Sierra 1500

The headlights on the truck are not as bright or as effective as they should be when traveling in the dark. I am forced to use the high beam far more than I would normally do in my car. Even with the upgrade, the light is still weak. Even to the point that I decided to buy after market leds to replace them. The 2016 had a complete redesign of the headlights and I wonder why. As for the infotament system. It is weak to say it nicely. The fact that my 2014 model can not get the same features that they introduced in the 2015 (speech to text) and 2016 (car play) is appalling. Especially when they say the hardware is not there for the text to speech but there are 3rd vendors who can give it on the 2014 models. As for the rust proofing on this truck. It was cheaply done and the protective film is wearing off. I would take it to the dealership but I decided this spring I will have it professionally fixed with some rust proof paint and not the cheap wax that GM used.

- Orange, CT, USA

Feb 052014

Sierra 1500

Headlights are dangerous! dealer performed update( new bulbs and increase voltage to BCM) but improvement was minimal. Have even tried led conversion, with very litle improvement. I have had several veihcles with projector system, and had zero complaints. I have looked a projector lens on other vehicles, and they do not have impurities (tiny air bubbles) in the lens. I believe the problem lies in the sub-par lenses.this creates an extremely dangerous situation for night driving.

- Cabot, AR, USA

Nov 032014

Sierra 1500

Headlights are very dim, not excited about driving in the dark, might as well use a flashlight

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Jan 302015

Sierra 1500

These are the worst headlights. I live in rural Alabama and cant see edges of road or more than 50' ahead. Cant change the bulb to improve it. Very dangerous at night for me and anyone else on the road!

- Ardmore, AL, USA