9.4

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500:

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

May 032016

Sierra 1500

There is a service bulletin from GM about frame rust on all GMC 2014 1500 Sierra and Chevy 2014 Silverado 1500 light duty pick up trucks. The frames and some important bolts are highly rusted. They only touch-up spots they can access at the dealership. The facility where they were produced used a poor quality waxy paint coating. The dealership cannot guarantee a complete solution for this frame rust. This is a very dangerous problem in the future of the life of the truck. The frame could decay and the bolts can break off. This is not fair for a $40,000 to $60,000 truck. You can spot the rust right from the dealership new truck lot. I read on the GM truck forum on the internet hundreds if not thousands of these trucks have this issue. I will feel very unsafe driving this truck a few years from now. There are some photos of a few rusted areas in the GM service bulletin which you obtain.

- Monroe Township, NJ, USA

Jan 022014

Sierra 1500

Very poor lighting at night with headlights on both low beam or high.... very dangerous in rural areas... I have tried new bulbs with no luck... truck seems to sit low on one side looking at the back even on flat surfaces...

- Orange Park, FL, USA

Jan 202015

Sierra 1500

Truck vibrated new with 8 miles when we first drove it home. Pinpointed specific speeds and returned 9+ times to dealership over 7 months. Tires (twice), shocks and rear end were all replaced but did not stop vibration. 5 months from purchase we were followed by a neighbor and they saw my truck "dog tracking" (traveling sideways down the road). Dealer noted but would not follow at distance and speed required to witness the "dog tracking". dealer told me they were clueless and come get the truck. Local auto repair shop followed me and said there is definitely a problem. Front center of wheel to back center of wheel measures 1/2 inch less on driver side than passenger side but dealer says that is not a good measurement because their computer says everything is fine. This truck vibrates and "dog tracks" and dealership refuses to make proper offer and has given up on repair attempts. I am presently seeking help from a different dealer.

- Kirby, AR, USA

Jul 312014

Sierra 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Excessive vibration at highway speeds. Manufacturer is aware but has no solution.

- Germantown, MD, USA

Jul 022014

Sierra 1500

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra, I took my truck in to get it serviced, 2 weeks ago. At the time, when I was reversing you could hear a clicking noise, when I would back up, or brake, also going over any bump in the road, at very low speeds, ( exm. 5 mph to 15 mph), well, the dealer came back and told me, my break booster had to be replaced, and they lubed and cleaned my U-joints and lead springs on the rear end. Well here it is 2 weeks later and the problem came back, and I called the dealer, and the response I got, " just bring it back in, and the only thing we can do it re-lube and re-clean it, but that's all we can do for you". my husband owns a 2013 Sierra, and he has had no, issues with his truck what so ever. This is my 3rd vehicle from GMC, I have been satisfied up until now, there is a serious issue you need to look into. The truck drives fine, but, with this being a new truck, this noise should not be there, I am considering trading it in and going elsewhere for the money I am paying on it.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Feb 282014

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Truck is brand new and has a bad shake in the rear end at 70-85 mph that the dealership cannot fix. I believe this shake could lead to premature wear of parts or a failure at highway speeds that could cause a crash.

- Long Beach, MS, USA

Jul 312013

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 slt crew cab. The vehicle has a vibration above 40 mph since I purchased the vehicle new in July 2013. They attempted to fix this once already by rebalancing the wheels but still has the same issue. It appears I'm not the only one with this issue.

- Fairhaven, MA, USA