2015 GMC Sierra 1500 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500:

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 042015

Sierra 1500

The headlights on my 2015 GMC Sierra slt are by far the worst headlights I have ever experienced in the many vehicles that I have driven over the last 30 years. How they passed whatever safety standards there are set in place is beyond me. They do not provide a wide enough beam to see around turns or wildlife that may be on the side of the roadway nor do they light up enough of the road in distance to see anything at all beyond approximately 50 feet while travelling in the dark. This vehicle is unsafe to be driven at any speed during the dark. Sadly the high beams are completely useless as well. There is more light output with the low beams on in conjunction with the fog lights (which isn't saying much) than there is with the high beams on. Driving is the rain is even worse. You cannot even tell that the headlights are on that's how bad they are. I have complained several times to two different dealers and GM directly and was told "that's just how they are and there is nothing that can be done about them". I was given a 2016 Sierra as a loaner vehicle while I had my vehicle in for this and several other issues and the headlights on the 2016 vehicle they loaned me are a big improvement over the 2014-15 lights. GM should be forced to recall all 2014-15 Sierra due to these severely hazardous headlights and forced to install the lights that come on the 2016-17 Sierra.

- Mount Carmel, PA, USA

May 172016

Sierra 1500

First of all the headlights are very dim and at night cannot see said it is what is.very bad !! also my Sierra on window sticker states comes with all terrain tires it does not have all terrain tires. They are 265/65/R18 Goodyear Wrangler sra.I worked for Goodyear and those tires are all season !!! not all terrain as specified on window sticker !! I talked to dealer and called customer service at GM they never call back and they said those are the right tires.they are not according to my attorney who states the window sticker is totally incorrect and is fraudulent check your tires and window stickers and compare and look on goodyears website you will see.also my transmission clunks and knocks and shifts incorrectly dealer states its normal I spend 40K on a new truck and all I have are problems and GM does nothing. It downshifts horrible what can I do"?"

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 232016

Sierra 1500

Vehicle is less than 2 months old. I was going down highway at approx. 65 miles per hour and a huge crack occurred in the windshield from the top drivers side corner to bottom of the windshield near the center of the car. Nothing impacted the windshield, it just cracked.

- Orange Park, FL, USA

Jun 152015

Sierra 1500

The transmission seems to slip or hesitate at takeoff. The running lights are too dim to see down the road.

- Vancleave, MS, USA

Jun 122015

Sierra 1500

I recently purchased a 2015 GMC Sierra K1500 slt. I selected the slt for the projector headlights which are not offered on the lower trims for improved lighting. However, the headlights have extremely poor illumination (cannot see off to the side of the road, very dim, poor projection in front) in low or high beam. The headlights are the worst on any vehicle that I have owned over the past 35 years. I almost hit a deer on the road at night, driving 35 mph, because the deer could not be seen in the visible arc of the low beams until too late. The deer was standing on the road fog line. I located a GM document on several truck forums concerning this issue. Original document # 4093100, pit5374 (2/27/2015) and followup document # 4109395, pit5374A (3/9/2015).

- Silverdale, WA, USA

Dec 162014

Sierra 1500 4WD 8-cyl

During night operation with the instrument cluster adjusted to proper brightness the center console lights and most notably, the intellilink screen are dangerously bright. The intellilink screen does not have an independent brightness control from the dimmer. When set to off in an attempt to mitigate the problem, the intellilink screen reactivates with subsystem adjustment, e.g. temperature adjustment, absolutely destroying night vision of the driver. If adjusting the brightness level to acceptable for the center console lighting and intellilink the instrument cluster is so dim that it requires unsafe levels of driver attention to process the dimly lit information. Dealer verified issue on two service visits but unable to correct per manufacturer. Safety complaint registered by me with GMC infotainment customer support.

- Walton, KY, USA