NHTSA — Engine Problems

8.6

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500:

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 072016

Sierra 1500

I bought this truck new in 4/2106 and there is a clicking sound when engine is running. Is this normal?

- Stony Brook, NY, USA

Jan 022016

Sierra 1500

2015 GMC Sierra has a delay throttle response. Does it at all speeds and from take off. Took to dealer and service advisor pulled truck in shop. Got out and said it does have a delay. The ran VIN number through GMC data base and told me. Manufacture said it was a normal thing. It's not normal and never had a vehicle with a throttle delay.

- Perrysburg, OH, USA

May 182015

Sierra 1500

Made 1 trip out of state to visit my son and to carry him a bedroom suite. I live in ga. And he lives in tenn. When I returned I noticed fluid under the truck. Called dealer in brunswick ga. They said to bring the truck then. When truck was put on rack, found engine heads were faulty. Had to order new heads, then had to machine heads when arrived. Also transmission down shifted extremely hard in hills of North ga. To the point of engine RPM 4500. Contacted GMC complaint dept. But as of 6/2/15 no help.

- Jesup, GA, USA