2. trade truck so dealer has to fix under warranty (1 reports)
2000 GMC Sierra 2500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 GMC Sierra 2500:

2000 GMC Sierra 2500 Owner Comments

Apr 162007

Sierra 2500 SLT 6.0 V8

I have a 2000 gmc sierra 2500. After warming the truck up the transmission starts shifting really hard. Ive had the fluid changed and the screen changed, but it still shifts hard. Im probably looking at $2400.00 to have the tranny rebuilt. I do have a boat that i Tow once in a while but there is no legitimate excuse for tranny failure after 125000 miles. If anyone knows of a fix for this problem please let me know. I dont have $2400.00 to fix this truck.

- , Lincoln University, PA, USA

Jan 262007

Sierra 2500 SLE 6.0 V8

Took vehicle to dealer for repair, but was told they couldn't find the problem. I asked if they thought it could be a torque converter issue, but since the noise only happens occassionly they said they couldn't diagnose it. The rumbling noise is usually from 4th to 3rd gear. I'm hoping someone else reading this will recognize the problem and e mail me. Thanks for your time.

- , Worcester, MA, USA

Nov 102003

Sierra 2500 SLE

Transmission started to have a shifting problem. the truck is designed for towing and plowing, is heavy duty and should be able to handle every day driving and an occasional towing. i personal don't believe a transmission should fail untill after 150,000 miles. If i used this truck every day to tow a 5000lbs trailer and snow plowed every winter since 2000 than maybe.

Dealer maintaned ever 3000 miles for oil and scheduled maintance. they originally qouted me $600.00 BUT AFTER INSPECTION CHANGED IT TO $2,400.00. After complaining about that price they offered to give me a 15% discount. WOW a $360 dollar savings. I told them to call me when the price was $0. Then they called and offered me a goodwill price of $1200.00 out of pocket for me.

At that point I told them to reinstall the transmission and I will trade it in for and other make and model. The dealer was going to call the eastern GM rep. and I told them to also call the transmission rep. for a meeting. The jury is still out.

- , Lebanon, NJ, USA